PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
After cleaning some house stuff, and some gross stems, did some laundry. Then talked for an hour on the webcam to my lovely grandsons and my daughter, who is an awesome mom. My 2 grandsons have Autism and they keep my daughter very busy to say the least. And went back to cleaning the down right awful grungy, tar filled stems. I will never understand people who let their pipes get that bad, how could you even get a drag out of it with that gunk? YUK !!! My highlight of the day is seeing and talking to my daughter and my grandsons.

:)

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
[8O] Good God Hobie you're an industrious man!
Too many projects at this point in my life, I wish I had a lot more free time instead of spending it on this money pit.
I thought about starting a speaker building thread, but that's pretty off topic for a pipe smoking site.
I would have never thought that we would have wire insulator shows....talk about specialty shows.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
so far today I have stacked a cord of firewood and the afternoon will be cleaning gutters. tomorrow will be mowing 2 acres of grass and getting the garage squared away for winter. can't wait until someone buys this place and I can rent and let someone else worry abut roofs, wells, mowing, trimming, yadda, yadda..

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Yesterday I spent the whole time collecting the fallen leaves from Sandy. I use them for mulch in my garden and to insulate my fig trees for winter. My neighbors has them all out in neat piles by the curb. I also went around town and hand picked future firewood from their piles of downed trees. I will be borrowing my father's chainsaw and maul and will have a good stack for the cold months.
Today I am stuck in an office for 10 hours. :(

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Put another coat of Watco oil on my 8ft long Walnut butcher block top for my subwoofer cabinet that will reside under my 110" diagonal projection screen. This is what it looked like naked:

P1040349.jpg

after 2 coats:

P1040353.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Hobie that walnut butcher block is one of the greatest things I've ever seen made out of wood in my 42 years!
Today my son and I went hiking.
20130203_135159.jpg

20130203_133931.jpg

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Great Pic Mike, glad you and your son had a good father son bonding day! These days are priceless! You should introduce him to geocaching its a great hobby for hikes.

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
Just loaded up the car for the long 65 minute drive to Daytona for some NASCAR racing!

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
Opera at the movie theatre with my wife.
Rigoletto live simulcast from the Metropolitan Opera.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Took the day off, made a Citrus run yesterday , fruit for the elderly and the poor, decided to take off my forks on my bucket on my big tractor, they had been on for 2 years, Big Mistake, 15 min job became a 2 hr job, crawled in the house wringing wet with sweat, had to use a cheater and a 36 inch pipe wrench, got em off, but they whipped me. Went to bed early, took 4 Advils and zonked out. The old cajun

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Thought I'd revive the thread since I'm back in action. Had a garage sale on Saturday. Went today to finish a Home Theater job my son and I have been working on....now have to chance the system around since the customer wants to add some more things.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Was one of about 25 people who read short segments published in an anthology of writers from our

city, at the local independent bookstore. This publisher has done five cities throughout the state and

is planning more. People showed up, standing room only, and stayed through the end. It was well

organized, so people only read a few minutes each. I rehearsed like the devil over several days, so

did my segment effectively, I hope. Then we all signed books. Not a big moneymaker for writers, but

a way to attain some visibility. Plus, who doesn't like a little public attention now and then, even an old

introvert hermit like me. Puff-puff. The writer who was master-of-ceremonies has had big play in

national publications reviewing a novel he just published with St. Martin's Press, a NY outfit.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Church, lead two services. Had family over from both sides, food, Xbox, hung out with the kid, now smoking a pipe and watching Star Trek on Netflix.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
lifted about 5 thousand pounds of subwoofers today....18 inch models

went out to Japanese restaurant with my son and grandson

install low profile casters on my garage tool cart so that it will fit under the new butcherblock workbench top

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
Painting a room in the basement, later I will be installing birch wood flooring. I plan to put in an exhaust fan, so I will have a room to smoke in this winter. It gets dam cold here in the Teton Valley.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Doing re-write edits and proofing on a book manuscript due via email before end of month. Enjoying a smoke

and quick Forums stint after late lunch. Now to read it to myself aloud. There go the rest of my brain cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.