PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Just because the Jaime is a stouter, spicier and "darker" flavor profile, so the Bolivar lost some of its nuances in comparison. I usually try to smoke light to full when smoking multiple cigars or pipes. No big deal... I like both sticks plenty, and enjoyed both on Sunday night.
Sorry forgot all about this question.
That's what I figured was the case, just wanted to hear your feedback as it's been a while since I smoked a Bolivar.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Earlier...
nfMkMnc.jpg

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
View attachment 97612Nothing fancy here, but if you’re in the mood for a “coffee and cream” smoke, these Cafes just hit the spot. And I’m getting the feeling that these style cigars are somewhat out of vogue right now, so they’re pretty damn cheap. I think I paid less than $2 a stick for 20 of these last time I got them on auction.
Ahhh Macanudo, my first 'real' box of cigars I purchased back just after the GFC, just as I was getting into cigars.
Everybody in Australia was lucky enough to get a $900 or so stimulus payment, and if you can believe it I paid about $520 AUD for a box of Hyde Park Cafe!
My only complaint was the draw was pretty tight on most of them but they were so creamy and smooth, perfect for a mild beginners cigar and yes, age very well.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Perdomo Factory Tour. So plugged it was almost unsmokable, which really made it difficult to judge. Seems like there are some good flavors in there though so it deserves another chance.

Plugs are the nemesis off cigar-smoking.

Perdomo Factory Tour. So plugged it was almost unsmokable, which really made it difficult to judge. Seems like there are some good flavors in there though so it deserves another chance.

View attachment 98557
Plugs are the bane of cigar-smoking. I even bought a tool, basically a thin metal rod, which even when fully inserted often didn't clear the plug. And to think of it, only $20.00 from the friendly retailer, the same guys who sold me useless hygrometers at the same price.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Plugs are the bane of cigar-smoking. I even bought a tool, basically a thin metal rod, which even when fully inserted often didn't clear the plug. And to think of it, only $20.00 from the friendly retailer, the same guys who sold me useless hygrometers at the same price.
Ugh, I've thought about picking up one of those but I wasn't sure that they actually worked. Although I suppose even if it works half the time it would be a good thing to have. Seems like I should just grab one.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Long Live The King

..By Caldwell Cigars

View attachment 98424
What do you think of those? I can't remember if I asked you before, but I know you like the King is Dead, and was curious for your thoughts on this one?

Ugh, I've thought about picking up one of those but I wasn't sure that they actually worked. Although I suppose even if it works half the time it would be a good thing to have. Seems like I should just grab one.

I had a PerfecDraw tool and thought it was pretty good. It is the only draw tool I've found that is worth a damn. It won't really salvage a helpless case, but it will make tangible improvements. I thought it was worth the $30 or so that I paid.

Now smoking a Crowned Heads Las Calaveras 2021 with some espresso from Java and a little drip from Guatemala with it.

20210920_183331.jpg

What do you think of those? I can't remember if I asked you before, but I know you like the King is Dead, and was curious for your thoughts on this o
I quite liked Long Live The King. In fact I pretty much like all offerings from Caldwell. Relatively speaking, I like The King is Dead & The Last Tsar much better.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
My 5 year (soon 6) old son is starting school tomorrow. Found this 5 year old cigar from my humidor to celebrate. Although it has a perfect construction, draw and burn, it is a bland cigar, probably came in a sampler years ago. Or maybe the years took its character and strength away. No idea. Anyway, I am happy and proud dad and thankful for everything, even for this crappy cigar.
20210921_223202.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.