PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
1DBAF055-47AF-4934-9F95-5800BDF560A0.jpegNothing fancy here, but if you’re in the mood for a “coffee and cream” smoke, these Cafes just hit the spot. And I’m getting the feeling that these style cigars are somewhat out of vogue right now, so they’re pretty damn cheap. I think I paid less than $2 a stick for 20 of these last time I got them on auction.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
View attachment 97612Nothing fancy here, but if you’re in the mood for a “coffee and cream” smoke, these Cafes just hit the spot. And I’m getting the feeling that these style cigars are somewhat out of vogue right now, so they’re pretty damn cheap. I think I paid less than $2 a stick for 20 of these last time I got them on auction.
The Macanudo Cafe might be looked down upon by those that claim to know better, but I had a well-aged one in the last couple years that was exquisite - it had more than a passing resemblance to the Fuente Angel's Share. I stand by that - don't know if it was a fluke of a cigar, or if that's how they typically age, but I'm putting a box back for 10 or more years to see. Even a recent sample was very good as a mid-summer's afternoon smoke.

Smoked an aged Fuente GR Maduro while working at home today. Fuente does not make a bad cigar, many are affordable, and they age a dream.
IMG_20210914_124431284.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Arturo Fuente Canones earlier...
MNkygut.jpg

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Rocky Patel "The Edge" Sumatra. This wasn't for me AT ALL, but if you're into heavy, thick, deep, full, leather on steroids, with an occasional touch of savory butter, this is your cigar. I smoked this thing early last night and this morning my mouth still tastes like a shoe.

View attachment 95221
Interesting how people's preferences are............ I bought a few of these back in 2014 and LOVED them...... Ended up buying a box of 100, caught them on sale.......... I have to say they age really well, got about 20 left. I get the leather notes too, but in a good way...... I think they hit well above their price point........... ?‍♂️

I was out in the yard, mowing grass, and met the new neighbor. We got to talking, and he tells me that he is a professor of logic.
“Logic, I guess that’s a good thing, but at a college level?”
He says, “well, it’s the study of reasoning, blah blah blah…” He can tell that I’m not following, because my eyes are following a squirrel running up the tree, so he says, “Ok, it’s like this… you have a trampoline and a pool?”“Yeh, right over there.”
“So, you have kids?”
“Yeh… well they are grown. But, yeh.”
“So you’re married?”
“Yeh, of course.”
“So like, having a trampoline makes you more likely to be heterosexual.”

It was enlightening, I had never thought of it like that, but he went on to explain that, that was just like a simplification of blah blah blah…

But then, several weeks later, I’m out walking the dog, smoking a cigar, and one of the old gossip women of the neighborhood drives up and starts asking questions about the new guy. She asks if I had met him. what was he like? What does he do?

I really don’t like to get into my neighbor’s business, especially to this woman. But, I’m not good with remembering names, or much of what he said about himself, but I just looked over into his yard, took a draw off my cigar, and noticed… So I said, “Well, I can’t remember his name, but he doesn’t have a trampoline, so he’s a homosexual.”

chupacabra
D3B3CCC1-D5E8-4269-9135-A96B98961674.jpeg

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
I know there is a cigar somewhere in this photo but damn! 30 dollhair lighter where you been all my life? And shipped full like a hand granade.

Satisfying *snap* plastic trigger sound. one hand operation with trigger lock and thumb wheel adjustable. Aluminum over rubberized, tactile body. Pumps out a seven inch flame for those hard to reach places.

20210916_194803.jpg

A few years ago I had to drop off a repair to this guy in town. When I knocked on his door, this 6 to 8 year old girl with a glass of an amber looking drink was in one hand and a lit cigar was in the other.
So, I went ahead and asked, "Hey little girl, is your father home?"
She took a draw off the cigar and said, "What the fuck you think?"

A rainy day here. One of those seconds GTO Cuban buzz bombs
129BDB26-5587-41ED-AB14-5BE395653FAB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.