Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
6 year old Nica Libra Box Pressed Toro.

EEF8-F4-FB-7498-4703-9997-B9-A884271162.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I thought Sumatra leaf can also be called Java? If that’s the case then the R&J 1875 uses an Indonesian Sumatra wrapper as well as a lot of cigarillos. Personally I like Ecuadorian Sumatra the most.
Well, technically Java and Sumatra are two different islands in Indonesia. So they're probably similar or identical leaf varietals just grown in two separate regions. Maybe like the difference between Connecticut and Pennsylvania Broadleaf? A lot of the leaf grown in Indonesia ends up in cigarillos and machine made cigars, but there are exceptions. The RyJ 1875, as you mention... I had one a few months ago I liked... Southern Draw Cedrus. Kind of a spicy boi, but tasty. I like the Ecuadorian grown Sumatra-seed quite a bit myself. Sumatra-seed tobaccos are also grown in the Dominican Republic (see: some of the filler in the LFD Coronado) and Nicaragua, such as the cigar I'm smoking right now, the Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua. Sorry for the unsolicited cigar geography essay, but this stuff interests the hell out of me!

20210623_184158.jpg

Last edited:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Mechanic said it was my fault, stick I passed over reared up and drive belt came off. Told him FIX IT, but in a nice way, he’s treated me good, charges only 60$ to come get it. Had new blades, oil and filter change, new spark plugs. Found out when he returned it his whole family is going on vacation, tipped him 50$, he’s good and honest rare nowadays.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Anyone tried Free Cuba cigars made in DR? They are modestly priced and i usually like DR cigars.
I haven’t tried them personally because the gent that owns and runs my local cigar shop said they weren’t worth it. He has them so when the bikers roll up and want to get a cigar but don’t know cigars from a hole in the wall they see the bare chested women on the label and buy them lmao. The one I picked up and looked at had the loosest foot I’ve ever seen and it felt spongy.

Status
Not open for further replies.