PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Quality is in the eye of the beholder. My favorite cigar is the last one I posted - Por Larrañaga Montecarlos. I got boxes and boxes at the rate of $3 per cigar. Now I'm bent out of shape the price is up to $6 per cigar. They beat any $20 cigar I've ever had.

Hope you enjoyed the Argentine cigar - I have never had one from that country. Or is that the name of the line? I couldn't find anything about it online.
I couldn’t agree more, I really enjoy the Drew Estate Kentucky Fire Cured Delfinas and Kyotos. Both are around $3.60 a stick and have an incredible amount of flavor. They taste kinda like pipe tobacco to me.
9B72346C-E9B4-4887-9472-07A1CE8919C3.jpeg

Scottishgaucho

Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Hope you enjoyed the Argentine cigar - I have never had one from that country. Or is that the name of the line? I couldn't find anything about it online.
Here's the translated info from the CienfuegosVArgentina site.

'' Cienfuegos is a national line of mechanized cigars that presents an excellent price / quality ratio. Although they are made by machine, they use pieces of tobacco in the filler, not chopped, or tobacco threads and artisan machines operated by operators specialized in the twisting of cigars. Highly selected tobacco is used for its preparation: wrapped in a Sumatra tobacco leaf and made with tobacco from the Dominican Republic and Brazil, as well as Java tobacco, without the addition of chemicals or flavorings, they manage to highlight the characteristics of each of them. to provide proper flavor, strength, combustion and draft. Presentation Box x 50 units.''

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Me on the deck
cLoHkRk.jpg
smokin one of these...
nfMkMnc.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I know that they’re gimmicky as hell, but still a great smoke.
View attachment 85368
I think they're good, too! Kind of nice to see Honduran puros getting some shine instead of being treated like the 3rd wheel in the not-Cuba, Central American trinity. And yeah, it is gimmicky, but is is a good gimmick, and the cigars can back it up!

Now smoking Aganorsa Leaf Guardian of the Farm Nightwatch Orpheus Holy Shit This Name is Long. Anyway, it is a corona with a cute bulldog on the band.

16243257812717364065767630018751.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
It's because I am!!!... ?
@weezell I don't normally smoke cigars but a friend of mine gave me a couple of King Edward's. Some redcoats did smoke cigars and there's a scene in one of the Sharpe films with one of the characters smoking a cigar. Cigarettes are a definite no though!
When I got my first clay pipe all I could get to put in it was a half smoked cigar or ryo cigarette tobacco - Amber Leaf is horrible in a pipe!
Should I smoke cigar nubs in my clay pipe?

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Here's the translated info from the CienfuegosVArgentina site.

'' Cienfuegos is a national line of mechanized cigars that presents an excellent price / quality ratio. Although they are made by machine, they use pieces of tobacco in the filler, not chopped, or tobacco threads and artisan machines operated by operators specialized in the twisting of cigars. Highly selected tobacco is used for its preparation: wrapped in a Sumatra tobacco leaf and made with tobacco from the Dominican Republic and Brazil, as well as Java tobacco, without the addition of chemicals or flavorings, they manage to highlight the characteristics of each of them. to provide proper flavor, strength, combustion and draft. Presentation Box x 50 units.''
Wow. From what I've seen, Java tobacco is pretty rare these days. I believe the only cigar I've had that features Java leaf is the Butera Royal Vintage line.

Charlie718

Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Wow. From what I've seen, Java tobacco is pretty rare these days. I believe the only cigar I've had that features Java leaf is the Butera Royal Vintage line.
I thought Sumatra leaf can also be called Java? If that’s the case then the R&J 1875 uses an Indonesian Sumatra wrapper as well as a lot of cigarillos. Personally I like Ecuadorian Sumatra the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.