PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
ok5H30q.jpg
Had one of these today and it tunneled on me. Tried to correct it, didn't work. Shame, these are usually spot on...

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
2010 Fuente Opus CFCF thanks to @eljimmy . Magnificent expression of the Opus blend. I'm finding the different vitolas really do bring something different to the table. This perfecto was unique in that the typical raisin note common to Opus was very plummy and had elements of stewed fruit and whiskey, almost a dead ringer for an aged, fruity perique.
View attachment 82258
Glad you enjoyed it!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
A change of pace after a wine-soaked weekend last week with a bunch of mates - a small tot of Rhum JM 1992 with a Cohiba robusto. View attachment 82294
I love the label on that bottle. I never had a chance to try rhum with an "h" before I had to give up the bottle. Really, it seems like rums in general have taken a leap forward recently in terms of quality and popularity, though it could just be that I am noticing it more...

Hard to imagine a more natural liquor pairing for cigars!

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I love the label on that bottle. I never had a chance to try rhum with an "h" before I had to give up the bottle. Really, it seems like rums in general have taken a leap forward recently in terms of quality and popularity, though it could just be that I am noticing it more...

Hard to imagine a more natural liquor pairing for cigars!
Yes, the label is embossed leather !

Rhum agricoles are made of cane juice rather than molasses or cane syrup, and, when young can have a grassy or sugar cane character. They are bone dry and have a more"elegant profile" and less funky notes than molasses rums. I love them with cigars that have a lighter profile.

Memorial Day Barbecue ? done. Since I cannot clench for a long time, no pipes smoked during the barbecue. We had New York Strip Steak ?, Spicy ? Cheeseburger ?, peri peri chicken ? breast, pink lemonade and iced tea ☕️. While I normally don’t 1AE11A9F-DC4D-4723-9194-730795544D9A.jpegdrink ? second time a week, today I made an exception by adding a generous helping of Old Monk Rum ? to my iced tea. Now relaxing with a My Father 1922 Le Bijou

Status
Not open for further replies.