Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
WG3b3eM.jpg

Man O' War Puro Authentico, one of my old favorites!...​

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I'd die for that robusto. OMG! How was it?

While I've enjoyed quite a few Clear Havanas dating back to the early 1940s at their oldest, I believe cigars peak and then decline when it comes to aging. The peak is determined by the tobacco used, storage conditions, and one's personal preference.

I said all that to say that this cigar was beginning to take on notes I have only found in old - though well-stored - cigars. The first centimeter was a bit creamy, but there was a persistent minty finish that was dry and sometimes even cooling and I hated to see it leave. The mustiness suggested the humidified cedar cabinet it was aged in as well as leather and antique paper. The rest of the profile was the familiar, complex Don Carlos profile of earth, dominican tang, gentle pepper, and slight spiciness. Overall, I like when the Don Carlos has a little more of its unique character and less of the "estate" nature.

And you don't have to die, my friend. If you ever fall off the wagon, let me know.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
While I've enjoyed quite a few Clear Havanas dating back to the early 1940s at their oldest, I believe cigars peak and then decline when it comes to aging. The peak is determined by the tobacco used, storage conditions, and one's personal preference.

I said all that to say that this cigar was beginning to take on notes I have only found in old - though well-stored - cigars. The first centimeter was a bit creamy, but there was a persistent minty finish that was dry and sometimes even cooling and I hated to see it leave. The mustiness suggested the humidified cedar cabinet it was aged in as well as leather and antique paper. The rest of the profile was the familiar, complex Don Carlos profile of earth, dominican tang, gentle pepper, and slight spiciness. Overall, I like when the Don Carlos has a little more of its unique character and less of the "estate" nature.

And you don't have to die, my friend. If you ever fall off the wagon, let me know.
Oh yeah! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.