PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ThomasS

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2024
Bayfield, WI
Starting my 7th Drew Estate "Factory Smoke: Maduro".

This one is sweet and cocoa and every bit as good as the first one. At this point, I have to assume that when you get a "block" of 25 (5 x 5 in a plastic wrapper), then there is a mild difference among them.

But let me make this clear: I've had 2 "awesome, I'd take this as my 'desert island' stick", 4 "really good", and 1 "eh". As a brand and a line... I'll be spending my cigar budget on this one except for special occasins.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Had a Polpetta yesterday morning for breakfast.KIMG3258.JPGKIMG3259.JPGThis morning while meditating, my mind was cast into the future (I don't know the WHEN). From what I witnessed,the furniture is bleak. There are no cigars, cigarettes, or any variety of tobacco. The last tobacco standing was:Screenshot_20240628-000920~2.png Only the rich and famous could afford it. People were killing, stealing, and doing unmentionable things to obtain it. I was full of despair when my consciousness returned to my body. I would just suggest that everyone enjoys, relishes, and is grateful for what they have(while it lasts) while their lungs still draw breath.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Here's a Tatuaje Black corona that's been sitting, I'm guessing, since around 2016ish. It's... ok, but it seems a bit past it's prime, although it seems to be slightly picking up in the 2nd third. Overall the flavors are washed out, compared to when they were fresh. Oddly, the nic seems stronger now.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Still smoking the Raices Dominicanas Torpedo. It has a great musky aroma and started off mild, tasted very much like a vanilla cream soda, followed by peppery spice and some faint vegetal notes. The vanilla cream soda flavour reminded me of how some people have described pre-embargo Cuban cigars; the roller referred to this as “very special Nicaraguan tobacco” or “certain tobacco” which made us wonder if this was code for tobacco that is not from Nicaragua.

20240628_225043.jpg