PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Foundation Highclere Victorian Corona

No doubt a departure from what I’ve come to love about the company, Habano over Brazilian Mata Fina with Nic filler. The first third was not my jam but once the pepper resides and a dense palate moistening combination of woods approaches and evolves without much sweetness, strength or anything familiar about Foundation, I become somewhat interested. Here we go..final third comes and this thing begins to dance and strut with a long sweet complex woody finish. The smell coming off the head is even intoxicating, nothing damp, stale or potato chip smelling about it, just luxurious woods. Wasn’t expecting to find a final act engrossing me fully into this play here, but here she is pulling it all together sweetly and succulently with trees, lots of trees in this setting.

Can’t see myself reaching for this all the time, but it definitely succeeds in scratching an itch I never knew I had.
IMG_6346.jpeg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut "Stella"

1000002947.jpg
I love this size, 5.1 X 42
4+ months of rest, this was not a great smoke but I've had some great ones from this trial purchase batch ...

So much so that I bought a box back in April. Box had mfg. date of 2/24, so I figured I'd let them rest until fall. But I put my nose to them last night and they were smelling great, honeyed Connecticut goodness... so I'll probably see how they're smoking soon.

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Foundation Charter Oak Habano torpedo .

Too much dry cedar, earth and black pepper, with not enough creamy peanut sweetness smoothing it out to make this more than an average stick. Definitely not bad though and I think I puffed it a bit too fast to appreciate it, the wind was really kickin and I shoulda brought it inside. Still worlds better than the Zino Nicaragua Torpedo Iol that cigar gives me chills.

IMG_6355.jpeg

JoeW

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Plasencia Alma del Campo

View attachment 320820

52 degrees and breezy, been working on household improvement all day, and my wife told me to go out and relax, so I brought out this one, some Red Bush, and a new book. Plasencia sure makes some luscious cigars. This might be my favorite of the 3 I’ve had so far. Got it in a blind buy of 7, and I might have to get some more. Superb aroma and flavor, rich, toasty, and a little spicy. Down to the nub now and I don’t want to let it go!

Attachments

• IMG_5240.jpeg
    IMG_5240.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 2

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Plasencia Alma del Campo

View attachment 320820

52 degrees and breezy, been working on household improvement all day, and my wife told me to go out and relax, so I brought out this one, some Red Bush, and a new book. Plasencia sure makes some luscious cigars. This might be my favorite of the 3 I’ve had so far. Got it in a blind buy of 7, and I might have to get some more. Superb aroma and flavor, rich, toasty, and a little spicy. Down to the nub now and I don’t want to let it go!
I love em man, did you get a sampler of 7? I ask because Perfect cigar blend had an amazing one on deep markdown with a $50 year of the rabbit and year of the ox with 5 more $15-20 sticks for a crazy price of $99 I was gonna get 2 but my new debit card got sent to the wrong address. Sad story cus I doubt I’ll ever be able to try those at that price.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Having a CAO Flathead V660 Carb, 6.0" x 60 on the porch. We’re hanging out listening to tunes. Each person picks theme and has to choose a song based on that theme.

View attachment 320599

View attachment 320600

It’s great seeing the simple life and cigars! 👍

Everywhere you look now the images are opulence, especially on Instagram. 🙄

When I was growing up, the stereotypes for cigar smokers were fat smelly working class men with their stinky cigars. Of course you occasionally saw images of the so called good life, higher class smoking amongst their yachts, planes, luxury cars, etc., but it wasn’t much.

It’s sad to see everywhere now, that cigars seem to be highly equated to upper class and wealth. :(

The cigar seriously needs an image makeover, and if Cuba wants to make the world think it’s only about the upper elite, this seriously needs to die too!

The working class among the cigar world really needs to show the world on social media, that it is truly not this insane world of wealth! :)

Thanks for sharing, I always love seeing your pics, be well! 🤙 ❤️

IMG_2062.jpeg

P.S. This is also for all you other great working class stiffs and your cigars too, I didn’t forget you, thanks too for those working class pics! ;)

Last edited:

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Having an AJ Fernandez Enclave Habano Toro, that came in an AJ 5 Cigar Sampler. This is the 4th AJ I’ve ever smoked, and actually the 3rd from the 5 Cigar Sampler. A New World Cameroon Double Robusto I posted before as a Gordo, I thought was from the sampler, I forgot I bought it from WCC, so this is the third from the sampler.

This is starting out really nice, chocolate, marshmallow, toasty, nutty, floral, and slightly sweet. 😋

Be well everyone! 🤙 ❤️

IMG_2061.jpeg

Last edited:

JoeW

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
I love em man, did you get a sampler of 7? I ask because Perfect cigar blend had an amazing one on deep markdown with a $50 year of the rabbit and year of the ox with 5 more $15-20 sticks for a crazy price of $99 I was gonna get 2 but my new debit card got sent to the wrong address. Sad story cus I doubt I’ll ever be able to try those at that price.

I bought the BL Luxuries Plasencia Blind Buy. You never know what you’re going to get, but I was happy with mine:

IMG_3925.jpeg
All for $50. So far I’ve had (from left) 1, 3, and 5. Didn’t care so much for the 149, but the other 2 have been great. I’m looking forward to the rest.

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
I bought the BL Luxuries Plasencia Blind Buy. You never know what you’re going to get, but I was happy with mine:

View attachment 320884
All for $50. So far I’ve had (from left) 1, 3, and 5. Didn’t care so much for the 149, but the other 2 have been great. I’m looking forward to the rest.
Wow that’s an insane deal too! The 149 is my least favorite but I really enjoyed the 151. Those also aren’t for everyone and can get a little long winded if you don’t enjoy the heavy Honduran terroir, but I find them just so pleasingly refined and wonderful to smoke with very interesting flavor.