PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JoeW

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Leaving tomorrow noon for a few days, going up north for our anniversary, so this will be my last cigar until next week (unless I bring some coronets). After carefully weighing the weather (rainy, breezy, 60 degrees), circumstances (finishing up work), and available time (never enough), I picked out Rocky Patel Velvet Edition. If it turned out to be a flop, I wouldn’t mind.

IMG_4644.jpeg

I left Holts COTM a few months back because I thought they were sending too many RP golf cigars at misrepresented MSRPs, and because I was crabby that day. This was one of those COTM cigars. I didn’t expect much.

It turned out to be pretty pleasant. The ash was flaky and the burn uneven, but the aroma and flavor were almost exactly what I wanted today. I doubt I’ll buy more of them, but it was a nice choice for today.

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Cream machine corona. Cold draw straight Tupelo honey, taste is a smooth sweet cream, hardly any spice until the last third where the delightfully musky terroir kicks into high gear with a nutty yet slight mesquiteness and a tinge of sulfur match head retro, also when the graham cracker sweetness seals the deal for me . Sadly shortly after it goes raunch and becomes much too intense to smoke past an inch so rounding out 80min, there’s some good cigar here just not for 13.50 which is more than twice what I paid. With more rest it certainly could blossom into a sheer dazzler perhaps…
IMG_5743.jpeg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Cream machine corona. Cold draw straight Tupelo honey, taste is a smooth sweet cream, hardly any spice until the last third where the delightfully musky terroir kicks into high gear with a nutty yet slight mesquiteness and a tinge of sulfur match head retro, also when the graham cracker sweetness seals the deal for me . Sadly shortly after it goes raunch and becomes much too intense to smoke past an inch so rounding out 80min, there’s some good cigar here just not for 13.50 which is more than twice what I paid. With more rest it certainly could blossom into a sheer dazzler perhaps…
View attachment 315455
Nice honest review
Appreciated!