PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Hot mess, an acrid unripened bitter Jalapeño out the gate. If this wasn’t first smoke of the day Id have snubbed it pronto. Forging ahead rather sans retro, due to some glowing reviews that I'm left scratching my head at, finding no room for a single pleasant flavor. I’d say this is a dang dudster, nobody could have signed off on this. Halfway through still smoking as the stinging spice gives way to wet hay then shortly some sweetness finally arrives, some watered down simple syrup at that. Taking it a bit further I get a couple puffs of smooth almost delightful citrus before it turns hot acrid again ,so I think I’ve scratched and clawed far enough into this stick, time to tuck this lil feller into the ashtray and start the day some other way. Silver lining: no touch-ups!
IMG_5809.jpeg

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Bellas Artes Lancero. One of those cigars you can’t stop looking at from smoking, just beautiful in every way, with monster smoke production and razor sharp burnline. Flavor is a bit off my beaten path however, with dark earth, bitter cocoa, black coffee and no lack of spice until halfway mark. A nice change from what I normally smoke but not as in love with the flavor as I am construction. I remember the bigger vitolas I’ve smoked containing much more sweet dee-lite and nuance. Lancero guys can’t win em all I guess.
IMG_5832.jpeg