PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Well, they can't all be winners. Here's a Papas Fritas that I bought in a 10-pack a couple years before Covid, so I'm guessing it's around 6ish years old. I've heard that the Liga Privada tobaccos don't age well, and are meant to be smoked fresh, but the flavors here were fantastic... when it burned. It started off slow. but the flavors developed into a sweet, woody, coffee, vanilla, and a hint of baking spices way in the background. But that was only when it wasn't canoeing, tunneling, or just going out. This thing required constant touch ups and relights. I've never had an issue with any of these in the past, and since it came out of the same big cooler as everything else and was stored under the exact same conditions, I'm going to chalk it up to this one just being a dud.

Unknown-3.jpeg

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Such weirdness: last cigar I smoked (a Cavelier) was a 48-50 ring and within 10 minutes 2” had burned, now take this 5.6x44 it’s taken an hour to get a 2” ash. Same box different day. Insane smoke production too, although one dimensional it’s a very good dimension. Don’t think I’ve had a draw this wide open in a while. Nothing makes sense anymore….
IMG_5643.jpeg

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
I've heard great things...
@BenMN Was just having a conversation about Foundation cigars with my brother. We are in agreement that they’re all pretty darn good. Thinking about splitting a box or two. I really enjoy the Tabernacle he’s a fan of the David. I’ve yet to try one of those. The Highclere is the only one of the lot I’ve tried that I didn’t care for much. And I think that’s just because it’s not “my kind” of flavor. It was still a good smoke.

I appreciate the kind words above. Just been busy!

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
@BenMN Im constantly surprised everybodies not smoking Foundations all the time, including me. Those Charter Oaks might be the best bang for your buck out there. My dad almost exclusively smokes Tabernacles now. I rem the first time we tried one, all the oohing and aahing on the porch. I think the Havana seed one might be my fav. And the Habano Charter Oak. The Olmec is pretty great, haven’t tried the Highclere Victorian I have yet, is that the one you tried @Speak Easy . Haven’t tried the Aksum yet either, the Wiseman line might be my least favorite although I had a really good maduro once in the final third I couldn’t put it down, it took awhile to lift off though. And the Corojo one was really unique corojo, like a really buttery spice that I haven’t quite had before.