PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Continuing my ritual of smoking one each of a dozen of a sampler of "dog walker" cigars at the beginning of each month, I am smoking a Cohiba for September. It's a nice full-bodied taste, appropriate for the fall, leaving three other brands of these small cigars (not cigarillos) to go, for this year. This sampler is from Iwan Ries. I held off until Labor Day this month, to celebrate the holiday. I put out the flag this morning, but had to strike the colors because of rain. I still observe the old time flag etiquette. It seems my neighbors either fly the flag all the time, rain or shine, night and day, lit or unlit, or never fly it. I'm still following the flag etiquette I know from Cub Scouts. I wasn't much of a scout, but I did learn that.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
No rest for the wicked. I applied for a SENTRI pass a few months back so I can cross back into the US from Mexico without waiting in the obscene, shameful 2-3+ hour lines at the San Ysidro and Otay crossings. Well part of the process is a face to face interview, and the earliest available interview slot here in San Ysidro was in June, 2023. Again, outrageous. I looked up other ports of entry and was able to book one in Nogales with like 2 weeks lead time. So yesterday I drove to Nogales for an interview this morning and then drove back after. Hopefully done with long drives for a while..

On the bright side, southern Arizona and Nogales were way more pretty and green than I expected.

Now smoking an LFD Air Bender Maduro that I picked up from a shop in Yuma.

20220906_183519.jpg

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
No rest for the wicked. I applied for a SENTRI pass a few months back so I can cross back into the US from Mexico without waiting in the obscene, shameful 2-3+ hour lines at the San Ysidro and Otay crossings. Well part of the process is a face to face interview, and the earliest available interview slot here in San Ysidro was in June, 2023. Again, outrageous. I looked up other ports of entry and was able to book one in Nogales with like 2 weeks lead time. So yesterday I drove to Nogales for an interview this morning and then drove back after. Hopefully done with long drives for a while..

On the bright side, southern Arizona and Nogales were way more pretty and green than I expected.

Now smoking an LFD Air Bender Maduro that I picked up from a shop in Yuma.

View attachment 167525
How often are you planning on crossing? It's nice to be able to just buzz over whenever you want but a 2-3 hour wait would really start to stack up in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.