PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
5640870B-8B41-45FA-B4C9-85CBD580CAB7.jpeg

First crack at the MB3 after much anticipation.

Pros:
-decently complex little cigar
-love the box press
-perfect draw

Cons:
-burn line went tits up pretty much immediately
-burns quite quickly

Jury is still out, but this one is very fresh. Going to throw the other 4 down in the bottom of the humidor and revisit after some rest.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
View attachment 143935

Pros:
-love the box press
-perfect draw

Cons:
-burns quite quickly

Jury is still out, but this one is very fresh. Going to throw the other 4 down in the bottom of the humidor and revisit after some rest.
I love the MB3 now with 3 years age on them. When I first smoked one I was just a bit underwhelmed. Still a fantastic cigar, right up there with the Serie V and Melanio.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I love the MB3 now with 3 years age on them. When I first smoked one I was just a bit underwhelmed. Still a fantastic cigar, right up there with the Serie V and Melanio.
I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to age cigars that long ? my pipe tobacco is aging well, but I seem to rip through cigars much more quickly. Also, the Serie V Maduro and Serie V Melanio Maduro are on the top of my hit list. I’m going to smoke through some of my buyer’s remorse pile as penance for my stupidity to make room for some Serie V goodness.

Sep 18, 2015

Pros:
-love the box press
-perfect draw

Cons:
-burns quite quickly

Jury is still out, but this one is very fresh. Going to throw the other 4 down in the bottom of the humidor and revisit after some rest
As @Nomadorb mentioned three years is a good start, its about what I consider minimum for these, five years is prime.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
First, Le Careme, Cosacos, by Crowned Heads. Too soon to tell in the first third. Enjoying it so far. Rich, full flavor, no pepper! It’s only been in my possession since Sunday. Impatient, I will let the rest be for at least another week or so before having another.

Finishing the first third…All the talk of chocolate soufflé, is legit! This is not a candy sweet, it’s robust tobacco, with flavors of chocolate and earth. it’s got a bit of strength too.

So far so good!
View attachment 143614
It is a rare cigar t20220506_194337.jpghat makes me feel queasy, and even rarer when the cigar is just a corona size, but that one did. I really did think it was a chocolate bomb in the flavor department and enjoyed it aside from feeling green.

Now smoking an Illusione Cruzado. Watching some Suns-Mavs and drinking iced Colombian coffee.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
House Brand from Cigar House in San Juan, Puerto Rico. First third this is burning great. Flavors are a bit spicy and peppery for me. Leather and wood. Not all my favorites, but a nice change of pace and chance to explore something different.

Can’t wait to go back to PR someday, I really enjoy old San Juan, would like to see more of PR. View attachment 143779
I went to San Juan when I was 14. This was back in 1996, and it's probably changed, but they did not give a shit about age limits back then. I bought a few cigars from a shop near my hotel. I remember thinking they were awful, they were unbanded and cheap enough for me to afford, so they must have been pretty bad. I didn't know anything about cigars back then, but I was a cigarette smoke. I guess smoking cigars in Puerto Rico just seemed like a cool thing to do or something :ROFLMAO: I've thought about going back sometime, because I had fun on that trip as a kid.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I went to San Juan when I was 14. This was back in 1996, and it's probably changed, but they did not give a shit about age limits back then. I bought a few cigars from a shop near my hotel. I remember thinking they were awful, they were unbanded and cheap enough for me to afford, so they must have been pretty bad. I didn't know anything about cigars back then, but I was a cigarette smoke. I guess smoking cigars in Puerto Rico just seemed like a cool thing to do or something :ROFLMAO: I've thought about going back sometime, because I had fun on that trip as a kid.
It’s really a great place.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to age cigars that long ? my pipe tobacco is aging well, but I seem to rip through cigars much more quickly. Also, the Serie V Maduro and Serie V Melanio Maduro are on the top of my hit list. I’m going to smoke through some of my buyer’s remorse pile as penance for my stupidity to make room for some Serie V goodness.
I think we've all been there, friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.