Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
A different kind of cigar pic, here's the leftovers from my week in cigars:

lgzovMzl.jpg

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Try the Laranja or Murcielago if you like bolder maduro deep cigars. I’m an Espinosa fan.

I'm not big into Nicaraguan tobacco (preferring Cuban, Dominican, and, lately, Honduran for the first time ever), but I have eyed the Laranja a time or two. I remember the Murcielago from when it came out years ago and remember not liking it, but I know blends change sometimes.

I'll have to keep my eye out for skinny Laranja next time I'm in a B&M

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
'13 Por Larrañaga Monte Carlos. I don't know what was with that particular vintage, but my '15 Habanos are fully opened up as far as flavor development and are firing on all cylinders. The '13 I still have are still just slowly evolving into spectacular examples of their respective blend, almost like 90s and earlier Habanos. I've seen it across multiple brands, namely Hoyo de Monterrey, Por Larrañaga, Ramon Allones, Bolivar, Upmann, and Partagas. If I could find reasonably priced boxes of '13 stock, I'd buy all I could.

IMG_20220201_165322503.jpg

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not big into Nicaraguan tobacco (preferring Cuban, Dominican, and, lately, Honduran for the first time ever), but I have eyed the Laranja a time or two. I remember the Murcielago from when it came out years ago and remember not liking it, but I know blends change sometimes.

I'll have to keep my eye out for skinny Laranja next time I'm in a B&M
Forget what I said, if you don’t like the earthy, dark, Nicaraguan style, then these aren’t your jam. I can’t enjoy cigars with pepper spice or high strength. Full flavor and body yes.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Forget what I said, if you don’t like the earthy, dark, Nicaraguan style, then these aren’t your jam. I can’t enjoy cigars with pepper spice or high strength. Full flavor and body yes.

The pepper spice is what keeps me from liking most Nicaraguan cigars. Well, that and the fact that so many are little more than pepper and earth with maybe some chocolate here and there.

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
'13 Por Larrañaga Monte Carlos. I don't know what was with that particular vintage, but my '15 Habanos are fully opened up as far as flavor development and are firing on all cylinders. The '13 I still have are still just slowly evolving into spectacular examples of their respective blend, almost like 90s and earlier Habanos. I've seen it across multiple brands, namely Hoyo de Monterrey, Por Larrañaga, Ramon Allones, Bolivar, Upmann, and Partagas. If I could find reasonably priced boxes of '13 stock, I'd buy all I could.

View attachment 125729
?The "La Gloria Cubana" also gives excellent results.
LGC_M.O.2_DATE.jpg
LGC_MO2_2.jpg

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
My friend, you have made me jealous today. Not only were those cigars the most idiotic cancellation to date, but MUR 13 was a banner factory and year. Enjoy those in good health!
Forgive me, I didn't want to arouse your jealousy, it was my intention to agree with you and propose another brand to your list.:)
I fully agree with the unreasonable exclusion of the MoO line, only # 4 remains, and it is not easy to find.
Thanks for your considerations!

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Forgive me, I didn't want to arouse your jealousy, it was my intention to agree with you and propose another brand to your list.:)
I fully agree with the unreasonable exclusion of the MoO line, only # 4 remains, and it is not easy to find.
Thanks for your considerations!

Oh, the pleasure was all mine - I remember those cigars dearly.

Last I knew, the #4 was also discontinued. Have you seen any box codes from the last 3 years or so? I sure hope so, but I think LGC is now a Regional-only marca

Status
Not open for further replies.