PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meerly John

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2021
Mid-USA
I’ve been watching those and wanted to one, but been so tied up with pipes I haven’t bought cigars in a long time.

It was very interesting. I'm still pretty new to cigars, but I've had a few other Connecticuts.

It was very mellow in flavor, as expected, but surprisingly strong in nicotine and aftertaste. Coated the mouth more than I would have expected with the same smooth, creamy flavor, but just thick and lasting. The back of my throat burned from nicotine for a while after I finished. I purged with a soft flame halfway through, and the spice in the retrohale became very intense after that, almost like the physical sensation of menthol. The construction was outstanding. I only had to poke a paperclip through the drafthole a little bit after I cut it, as the mouth end of the cigar was tighter.

Overall, it was fantastic, one of my favorites so far. I will simply have to remember in the future that it's not all that mellow.

Sep 18, 2015
When I started roasting coffee last year, Rwanda and Burundi coffees emerged very quickly as favorites. I just think they're fantastic!

Smoking a Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Sumatra. Had some Guatemalan espresso with it.

View attachment 132952
The Rwandan turned out very nice, I’ve been a fan of the Ethiopian coffees for a while so this isn’t that far off,
I did a batch of Sumatra Gunung Tujuh that may be the favorite of what I’ve roasted so far, definitely the most supprising, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten strawberry and root beer notes before.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
Looks like quite a long walk to the grocer's!

That is a very well-applied wrapper. What made you stop rolling your own cigars?
Time. Man it just takes time to do all of it and is much much harder than it looks. I suspect the leaf as nice as it is from the suppliers is not ever going to be as nice as a bunch of people processing and separating and casing it. Having said that....man was it good. With that much time down, about 2 years, I can definitely see the change in the chemistry. I still have my presses...maybe Ill roll a few.

Funny enough the hardest part for me was always the cap. I always bunched entubado style, like the proper Cuban way, and did okay with the binder and wrapper. But getting that cap was not as easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.