PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I remember when the Lost & Found brand hit the market. Didn't they turn out to be old unsold Camacho?
Yeah, definitely at least one batch was! Nobody else made that weird figurado shape at the time ? It was obvious. I still find the whole concept to be a bit crass and annoying. It just leans way in on some of the most annoying aspects of the industry. If the dudes at my local shop say a given release is worth a shot, I'm not opposed to trying them, though. That Bolivar was, according to the press release anyway, a new blend. The price was right, and might be worth a shot for maduro fanatics, but it didn't really scratch any itches for me.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Casa de Garcia with a Connecticut wrapper. I'm not too sure where this one is from, part of a sampler pack of small cigars ("dog walkers") from Iwan Ries. I don't see the brand on SP cigar menu, for example, though it may be an old favorite somewhere. Just about to light up. I smoke one of the twelve sampler at the first of every month, if I stick to my plan.
Casa De Garcia is a line that is made at Tabacalera Garcia in the Dominican Republic. I think that's the factory that makes a lot of the non-Cuban versions of Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, etc... I've never had one, but I expect it would be similar to the Connecticut-wrapped versions of those brands...

What did you think?

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
Yeah, definitely at least one batch was! Nobody else made that weird figurado shape at the time ? It was obvious. I still find the whole concept to be a bit crass and annoying. It just leans way in on some of the most annoying aspects of the industry. If the dudes at my local shop say a given release is worth a shot, I'm not opposed to trying them, though. That Bolivar was, according to the press release anyway, a new blend. The price was right, and might be worth a shot for maduro fanatics, but it didn't really scratch any itches for me

Your post history would indicate you have a great BM, I'm not that lucky. I rely on a couple of online retailers for trying new things and sales that are consistent. I bought a bundle of Lost and Found back in 2015, for the life of me I can't remember the name, they were pretty good for the price point and I think I might still have a couple someplace. I probably should smoke them soon.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
WG3b3eM.jpg

With a taste of cognac on the side...

Status
Not open for further replies.