What Can You Learn about Yourself by Looking at Your Own Pipe Collection?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
What does my collection say about me? Hmmm...
Bat shit crazy? Schizophrenic? On the one hand I have a halfway decent collection of vintage Britwood, very classic stuff like Barling, Sasieni, Comoy, and BBB with pieces going back to the early 1880's. Then I have a number of pipes by American artisan carvers like Piersel, Von Erck, Buthenberg, Alden, etc, and some really wild constructions by Tatum, Cannoy, Talbert, and Fillenwarth.
Focus, man! Focus!?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Two is one and one is none.

My tactically trained, proletarian disposition assures that I will not run out of pipes, tobacco, coffee, ammo or toilet paper.

I have an ample supply of functional, mainly "classic" shapes, most valued in the tens of dollars each.

1612242918703.jpeg

Mar 1, 2014
"What Can You Learn about Yourself by Looking at Your Own Pipe Collection?"

My pipe collection would indicate to most people that I have absolutely no sense of self restraint.

I'll be placing another order for more pipes next week.

• Haha
Reactions: edger

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
I posted on another thread that I found out how much I prefer smoking cobs over briar, so I guess what mine says is that there is pleasure in simple, effective things and finding what you like. I have also gravitated to a few tobaccos and feel like they can keep me interested in smoking for a long time. I have tried multiple styles of tobacco and found myself really in the English/Balkan arena, and have found that I like PS Proper English and C&D Super Balkan and Arango Balkan Supreme the best. I also like Pirate Kake on occasion and will be smoking that a lot on Sunday night when Tampa plays in the SB.

I have tried some more expensive blends (like I have smoked some more expensive pipes) and enjoy them, Maltese Falcon is a good one, nice and smooth and mellow for me. I will say, I just finished a tin of Quiet Nights and, to me, it is very difficult to taste the difference between it and C&D Super Balkan, so why pay the markup. Ill just keep putting back pounds of Super Balkan and Proper English and grabbing tins of this and that to try.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
That I am a straight-forward individual strongly inclined to straight and classically straight pipes; that the 90 degree ascension of the bowl from the shank provides by gravity the best engagement of the tobacco to the honest ember's flame; and thus His combusting grace.

Reactions: edger and Lyle b

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I am frugal. Aesthetics's are important to me. Classical shapes appeal. I am conservative. Graceful lines are important( I have been known to heat and bend , ever so slightly, the plastic stems on cobs because they were "off"). I am anal ( see last sentence). I am vain and have been known to pose in the mirror with a
Pipe in my mouth while my wife rolls her eyes less than discreetly. I think Falcon pipes are cool.