What Can You Learn about Yourself by Looking at Your Own Pipe Collection?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I've always thought of myself as a fairly adventurous and carefree spirit. That was until the other day when I began to identify the different styles and shapes of pipes in my collection. Right away I noticed it was comprised primarily of apples, billiards, and Rhodesians. Even the several churchwardens reflected these shapes. Yes, I had two freestyles, but even those tended toward more classical freestyle shapes.

I finally had to admit I more conservative than I imagined. I guess I am someone lost in the classics.

Looking at your own set of pipes and thinking about what predominates your choices, what does your collection tell you about yourself?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
After gazing at my collection a bit, it clearly says I'm handsome, intelligent, witty and personable and hung like a bull. That's at least the answer I would give to an attractive female who made the same inquiry as the OP. Since the OP appears to be male, my answer would be my collection is shouting I'm a grumpy old prick not to be trifled with. This shows everything is in your perspective.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I've always thought of myself as a fairly adventurous and carefree spirit. That was until the other day when I began to identify the different styles and shapes of pipes in my collection. Right away I noticed it was comprised primarily of apples, billiards, and Rhodesians. Even the several churchwardens reflected these shapes. Yes, I had two freestyles, but even those tended toward more classical freestyle shapes.

I finally had to admit I more conservative than I imagined. I guess I am someone lost in the classics.

Looking at your own set of pipes and thinking about what predominates your choices, what does your collection tell you about yourself?
I like pipes and I smoke them.