PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
I know my authentically Dutch grandfather smoked a pipe, but I sadly know nothing about his preferred blends: he died when I was just ten (God rest his soul!), and I don't even know what happened to his pipes. I do remember driving in the backseat of his car while he and my grandmother shared a cigarette while they drove around town. Good times.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and JOHN72

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
My paternal grandfather was 73 the year is was born. By the time I saw him he was in a rest home. My maternal grandfather unfortunately died before I was born. So no idea have I,

Reactions: JOHN72

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Back in the '60s and '70s an old uncle of mine smoked "Cherry Blend" and "Mixture 79", mixed 50/50, in the cheapest pipe he could find. And he used to laugh at me for smoking Balkan Sobranie in Castellos! Of course, he was also the one who said that "God" would never allow men to land on the moon.

Duck

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2021
Edinburgh
My paternal grandfather smoked Balkan Sobranie and my maternal grandfather smoked Senior Service cigarettes.

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
My Granddaddy smoke unfiltered Lucky Strikes, chewed Levi Garret, and drank George Dickel daily. He made it to 76. Pretty much a miracle.

Reactions: MattRVA

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
Maternal grandfather smoked Chesterfields, quit before I was born. Paternal grandfather smoked Winston reds right up until the month he died, age 84. Nary a pipe smoker to be found on either side of the family, unfortunately.
Man I could use a pack of vintage Chesterfields right now. Could get 'em out of a Korean War MRE if I dropped the cash, but you never know what brand is in there.

Reactions: Servant King