PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

D

Danpiper

Title edited. See rule 9. -jpm

What blend did your grandfather smoke?

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: samuelgawith01

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
My late Mothers Father smoked Bondman which came in a red tin. He died long before I was born but I purchased a pouch in the late 1980s to try. I do not believe it is still made anymore. On my Fathers side it was Condor Plug, any form of twist or plug that was available from the local corner shop. I don't believe anyone from that time had very fancy tastes, several of my Fathers brothers also rolled their own if they were not smoking a pipe. I guess that was a hangover from WW1 and spending all that time in the trenches .

Bobby Bailey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 8, 2021
Upper Southwest Arkansas, USA
Unfiltered Camels for my maternal papaw.
Prince Albert for my paternal papaw. He always had a tin of PA in his chest overall pocket, never saw him without it. As soon as I was tall enough to reach it when I would see him I would thump the tin in his pocket. Just something a kid would do but it became a kind of greeting between us. He would always reply, " Boy, I'm gonna slap you flat of my back". This went on into my adulthood until he passed.
Thanks for causing me to remember.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
My grandfather smoked George Washington until it was discontinued in the ‘70s. Then he switched to Granger.
My grandfather was also a George Washington smoker until he couldn’t get it anymore. I think he switched to Carter Hall.
I bought a 14 oz can of George Washington from Pipestud a couple of years ago and it was still fresh. I have about six ounces left.

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
My grandpa didn’t smoke but my wife’s grandpa(who was a French baker and also was in the military) smoked Prince Albert. They only remember him smoking once a week on Sunday, and he traded his cigarettes for sugar in the military. So not a big smoker, but that’s what he smoked.