PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
In the middle of the fourth season of The Crown. I'd rate season four 4/5 so far. Over all rating for the entire series 3/5...some episodes are hit or miss.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched Southern Comfort for the first time on Amazon Prime UK.
I'd heard of the film before but for whatever reason had never seen it. It's about a group of National Guardsmen who are on manoeuvres in the Louisiana swamps when they get into trouble with some of the locals.
It was made in 1981 and stars Keith Carradine & Powers Boothe.

I liked it a lot and give it a solid 4/5

Trailer:

Reactions: scloyd

Apipeinthewoods

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
Recently finished the latest series of 'The Last Kingdom'. I just loved it. Thought it tops Game of Thrones. So it's a 5 from me.

Have just begun 'Vikings' (good but not as good as above).
Have watched one episode of Barbarians (German language drama series about the Barbarian hordes fighting the Roman Empire), and Undercover ( a Belgian drama about undercover agents). Both look great.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just finished rewatching Justified on Amazon Prime UK.
A really top notch series about a US Marshal returning to his home town in Kentucky.
A great cast with some brilliant dialogue & stories.

Easily a 5/5

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ah, yes! Justified! Great show. 5/5 I can't believe it's ten years old. Will re-watch.

Funny point, while set in KY, there are ten other locations where it was shot, none in KY.

It's streaming on Hulu.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
I watched Stan & Ollie today on Amazon Prime UK.
It's a film about their early 1950's tour of the UK & Ireland which was also the last time they performed together.
Steve Coogan plays Stan and John C. Reilly is Olly. It's amazing how much the two actors resemble their characters and Reilly must have put on quite a bit of weight for the part. It's a bittersweet film as the boys heyday was well behind them at this point.

As a kid growing up in the 1980's I loved Laurel & Hardy (still do) and used to tape their movies off the telly and re-watch them again & again. Way Out West and Sons Of The Desert still stand up today as a couple of the funniest films ever made. Both films are available to view free on YouTube and I've provided links to them below the Stan & Ollie trailer.

I liked it a lot and give a solid 4/5

Trailer:
Way Out West:
Sons Of The Desert:

Reactions: jpmcwjr and ron123

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Watching this with my daughter (we get all of season one on disney plus):

My daughter seems to really enjoy it and I really do too. Cheers to Australia for this show!

Gonna give this a double rating for clarity:

5/5 from the 21 month old

5/5 from the 554 month old

Reactions: scloyd and jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.