PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Poldark Season 3 | Prime Video

Red Coat returns to England after losing the Revolution, and fights against classism and injustice. It delves into England's tightening up against the peasant class, whereas in France the peasants took over. But, really, it is kind of like an Outlander, but for men to enjoy, ha ha.
I give it a 8 out of 10. It's entertaining, but like a lot of British series, it gets talky talky. It could use more violence and nudity. puffy

Reactions: jpmcwjr

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I have mainly been watching the Townsends Youtube channel. It is about the 18th Century. It has a lot of recipes from back then. I find it very interesting since I love that time period. I give it 5 stars.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I have mainly been watching the Townsends Youtube channel. It is about the 18th Century. It has a lot of recipes from back then. I find it very interesting since I love that time period. I give it 5 stars.

I think I’ve seen a few of them. I think I remember watching one about spruce beer, and then watched a couple of others. Seems like I stumbled on to it looking for something else, but I just remember the spruce beer ?

• Haha
Reactions: python

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Crown is one of our favorites - 5 for 5 stars!

We tried "Gravesend" via Amazon Prime, a short series set in 1986 Brooklyn, crime family drama. It appears to be a Soprano's knock off but the 1986 settings are interesting so far. 3 for 5 stars on the first episode.

The wife wants to watch Kevin Costners "Yellowstone" - any comment on it?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Last night we watched
1605445460236.png
starring Melissa McCarthy, not her usual silly role...a serious role. I'd rate 4/5

As her latest book is coldly received, Lee Israel's career as a biographer begins to unravel. She starts forging and selling letters purportedly penned by renowned authors. The troubled wordsmith navigates both the black market and the literary establishment in this adaptation of the late Israel's confessional autobiography.

Reactions: mingc and jpmcwjr

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Last night we watched
View attachment 51422
starring Melissa McCarthy, not her usual silly role...a serious role. I'd rate 4/5

As her latest book is coldly received, Lee Israel's career as a biographer begins to unravel. She starts forging and selling letters purportedly penned by renowned authors. The troubled wordsmith navigates both the black market and the literary establishment in this adaptation of the late Israel's confessional autobiography.
I enjoyed that movie and concur with your rating.

Reactions: scloyd
Jun 9, 2018
England
There's an official channel on YouTube of The Dick Cavett show with tons of his interviews from the 70's, 80's and 90's. If you can think of a famous movie star, musician or comedian from that time period there's a good chance he interviewed them.
There are way to many to mention but a few of my favourites were John Lennon, David Bowie and Danny Kaye. There's some pipe smoking in the Hughe Heffner and Sir Ralph Richardson interviews, apparently Ralph would smoke his pipe while riding his motorbike. Anyway here are a few links:

This is my favourite episode, it has Norman Mailer arguing with everyone from Gore Vidal to Dick Cavett and the audience

Then there's the great Don Rickles who has a brilliant bit of banter with Dick

Hugh arguing with a couple of feminists while smoking his pipe

Sir Ralph talking about his parrot and piping while riding his Norton

And the legendary Danny Kaye

O! I also love watching Townsends. I learned a lot thanks to his videos. His videos can be shown in the school history class.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and python
Status
Not open for further replies.