Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I started watching Shetland years ago, and while I liked it, just never went back after the first season. Someday I'll make it back.

On S1 of The Boys. It's OK so far, standard American action with a superhero twist, 3 out of 5.
I couldn't get into it at all. I've gone through all of Morse (took a bit to get into him), Lewis, Endevor, Death in Paradise (first 8 seasons), Beyond Death in Paradise, and a few other series, a lot of bing watching when i got laid off, Shetland was the only one i just gave up on.

Reactions: Copperhead

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Scoop! Netflix, 2024. 4.5/5. Gillian Anderson, Rufus Sewall. Story around interview with Prince Andrew that led to his "reduced duties" and stripping of titles. Edit, I think it was maybe medals he was stripped of.

Sewall is an amazing actor. Wonder how they got his cheeks puffed out to resemble the disgraced Prince.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOHN72

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
rewatching Hardcore Henry. 5/5 for super adrenaline non-stop holy sheeeeet action!! Now on Tubi

Reactions: JOHN72

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Just finished watching HiJack on Apple +. It's an intense 7 hour miniseries that tracks events on an airliner being hijacked en route to London. Each 1 hour episode covers 1 hour of the flight. No spoilers, but as the events unfold there will be unexpected twists and turns. If you think that you know what's going on, think again. Absolutely edge of your seat first rate.

5 out of 5

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. 5/5 Apple TV

Watched this years ago, and didn't have a clue what happened. Now, after reading some of the LeCarré novel, and watching it again, twice in parts, it all makes sense. For me, it's a victory, and an enjoyable one, even though I had to part with four bucks to rent it.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. 5/5 Apple TV

Watched this years ago, and didn't have a clue what happened. Now, after reading some of the LeCarré novel, and watching it again, twice in parts, it all makes sense. For me, it's a victory, and an enjoyable one, even though I had to part with four bucks to rent it.
I can't recall seeing this but there appears to be two:
The 2011 movie, with Gary Oldham
1979 TV series, with Alec Guinness

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
True Confessions, Season 4. HBO/MAX.

I won't rate this, as I don't like the genre. I will say it is very different from the first three seasons which had little or no supernatural plot/action. Those were all 4+ or 5's for me.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
Southern U.S.A.
This morning the wife and I watched the CBS SUNDAY MORNING show and they had a feature about the author of a new series called BAD MONKEY. It looked like it might be good for a laugh so I downloaded it. Just got through watching about half the episode and deleted it. What is supposed to be clever chatter is just stupid and irritating, and the rest was boring as hell. Oh, well, I tried. puffy

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
1724092224751.png

Finally watched the new Ghostbusters film, Frozen Empire over the weekend on Netflix.

Admittedly I was a little hesitant after seeing the trailer, but I was impressed enough with Afterlife that I thought it at least worth a watch. (Not impressed enough with the trailer to spend money on the theater experience however.) Boy am I glad I waited to watch it at home.

Frankly, it was terrible. I don't know what else to say about it. Story was bad. Character development was poor. There wasn't much in the way of busting ghosts. As much as I disliked the all female reboot flick, I'd even rank Frozen Empire below that one. (1/5*)

Ryan George does a good job of summing up the film below, and pretty much nails everything about the movie that raised my eyebrows.