PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Crime Scene: The Killing Fields on NetFlix

I checked this out primarily because I lived extremely close to the "Killing Fields" and knew some of the people associated with the investigation and featured in the documentary. Having familiarity with the case I found it very accurate. I learned quite a bit about the investigation and things that have transpired in the case since moving to Ohio. Very well produced documentary. Worth a watch if you're into the true crime genre. 5/5*

1675207416671.png

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
My wife and I are in the middle of the new Louis CK comedy special (which is only available maybe until the end of the week). We just finished rewatching all of Mad Men. It’s kind of sad when you finish something like that.

Reactions: OldVark

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Love Fringe!

Watched All Quiet On the Western Front. Phenomenally done, and a rare film (can only think of Das Boot now) showing the perspective of the other side (Germans), very highly recommended, 5/5
Did you ever see the original All Quiet On The Western Front from 1930? It's also beautifully made, and interestingly enough, was released in two versions, one silent and better known, and a version with sound. The cutting is a little different between the two, but both are excellent.

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
It’d been many years since I last saw it. I recently watched ‘The Ten Commandments’ (Extended Version) with Charlton Heston & Yul Brynner.
Outstanding movie

Mac

Reactions: OldVark

Sam Gamgee

Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
These days it's almost exclusively BBC programming for me. I seem to have lost almost all connection with American entertainment. I find the humor hollow and the great bulk of the stories seem to have no lasting value. YMMV.

I'm looking forward to Season 10 of Father Brown. I've watched the first 9 seasons twice.

I also watched Larkrise to Candleford twice. This was/is the best thing I've ever seen on television. It only lasted four seasons which is somewhat heartbreaking. I'm not sure if the ratings weren't there or what. The show is several years old and I was catching it way after the fact.

My wife and I are currently watching the new All Creatures Great and Small. We are in Season 2 and it's wonderful. The story is great and the cinematic view of the English countryside is outright stunning.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
These days it's almost exclusively BBC programming for me. I seem to have lost almost all connection with American entertainment. I find the humor hollow and the great bulk of the stories seem to have no lasting value. YMMV.

I'm looking forward to Season 10 of Father Brown. I've watched the first 9 seasons twice.

I also watched Larkrise to Candleford twice. This was/is the best thing I've ever seen on television. It only lasted four seasons which is somewhat heartbreaking. I'm not sure if the ratings weren't there or what. The show is several years old and I was catching it way after the fact.

My wife and I are currently watching the new All Creatures Great and Small. We are in Season 2 and it's wonderful. The story is great and the cinematic view of the English countryside is outright stunning.
This is why we subscribe to Britbox. There's some really good programs.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa

Production is top notch, enjoy the storylines and characters not copying the original, which is great, but this stands alone and the ensemble is every bit as good. Honestly, as much as I enjoyed the original, I rarely watch beyond the “new Helen” - just didn’t work at all.

Sam Gamgee

Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
Production is top notch, enjoy the storylines and characters not copying the original, which is great, but this stands alone and the ensemble is every bit as good. Honestly, as much as I enjoyed the original, I rarely watch beyond the “new Helen” - just didn’t work at all.
I've never seen the original but this new series is my first go-round with All Creatures. I was thinking of going back and checking out the older one since there are something like 12 seasons.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus
Status
Not open for further replies.