PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoonefive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2014
Willow Grove, PA
pipesandpens.com
I'm watching See which is in season 2 now. Its post apocalyptic where a virus blinds all of humanity. 500 years later people start to come out of their caves and rebuild civilization but are all still blind. Took a few episodes to buy into the premise but now I am hooked. 4/5.

Also been watchin season 1 of Foundation. A SciFi adaptation with a big CGI budget. 5 episodes in and I'm on the fence about it still. 3/5 so far.

Both are on AppleTV.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
For some strange reason I decided to give "The Queens of Mystery" a try. It's a British murder series that just didn't capture my heart. Starring Olivia Vinal as a young detective sergeant who never knew her father and whose mother disappeared when she was three or four. She's raised by three aunts who are mystery nuts and horn in on her investigations. The first season had three mysteries spread out over six episodes. There's going to be a season two but the lead actress (Vinal) is going to be replaced.

3/5

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Watched a movie and a show with my toddler.

Sherlock Holmes and the Great Escape, an anime on HBO. Also, an episode of Puppy Dog Pals titled 221 Barker St. (Disney Junior)

Although there was no actual smoking in either, in the movie, Sherlock did indeed have a pipe and was portrayed as being pretty darn attached to it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-104518_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017-104518_YouTube.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 0
  • MV5BZDZiNDhiZDQtNTE3My00OWMwLTg2OGUtYmU0ZmEwZWRhOWMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE1NzQ0OTgw._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg
    MV5BZDZiNDhiZDQtNTE3My00OWMwLTg2OGUtYmU0ZmEwZWRhOWMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE1NzQ0OTgw._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: shanez and Paul lec

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Watched a movie and a show with my toddler.

Sherlock Holmes and the Great Escape, an anime on HBO. Also, an episode of Puppy Dog Pals titled 221 Barker St. (Disney Junior)

Although there was no actual smoking in either, in the movie, Sherlock did indeed have a pipe and was portrayed as being pretty darn attached to it.
I love watching Puppy Dog Pals with my daughter.

I'll have to look for the movie you watched.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Waiting for my wife to get ready, having some rum, and watching Bob's Burgers. I'd give it a 4.8/5 stars but you have to like that sort of thing.

IMG_20211017_162935826.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I binge watched the British version of House Of Cards on Britbox, wonderfully dark, amusing and nuanced. As much as I enjoyed the American version, I found this one more satisfying, and now I know how the American version might have ended if only Kevin Spacey could have kept it in his pants and not been kicked off the show. 5 out of 5

Currently watching Absolutely Fabulous on Britbox, since I'd heard about it for years, and am enjoying its manic hormonal excessive cattiness very much. 5 out of 5.

What We Do In The Shadows continues to delight. 5 out of 5

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I binge watched the British version of House Of Cards on Britbox, wonderfully dark, amusing and nuanced. As much as I enjoyed the American version, I found this one more satisfying, and now I know how the American version might have ended if only Kevin Spacey could have kept it in his pants and not been kicked off the show. 5 out of 5

Currently watching Absolutely Fabulous on Britbox, since I'd heard about it for years, and am enjoying its manic hormonal excessive cattiness very much. 5 out of 5.

What We Do In The Shadows continues to delight. 5 out of 5
You might very well think so @sablebrush52, but I couldn't possibly comment! Watched it when it was first on TV and have the DVD set somewhere - fun and so well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.