PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I haven't gotten that far yet. Please, no spoilers!! I am just a few episodes into the second season.
man-with-fingers-in-ears | TouchBasePro
OK, that's straightened out!
I liked the Ross film, 4/5. And, yes, it's rotten how it came out for him and his family.

Not a fan of Costner, so haven't watched enough Yellowstone to really rate it.

OK, that's straightened out!
I liked the Ross film, 4/5. And, yes, it's rotten how it came out for him and his family.

Not a fan of Costner, so haven't watched enough Yellowstone to really rate it.
What separates this one from Costner's past movies is that he has no compassion, no piety, no remorse... it's just purely 100% toxic musicality at its best. A wonderful series. puffy

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
"Jack Irish". Australian series from the Peter Temple novels featuring Guy Pearce as an ex-lawyer/private investigator.

This is a good series, well-written and directed with a just enough wit thrown in. Not quite Elmore Leonard but, getting there.

4/5.

Only_Murders_logo.jpeg

Only Murders in the Building.
Martin Short steals every scene he is in. 3 episodes into the newly released season.
I'm glad to hear it is as good as hyped. And, I hope Short wasn't covering for Martin. I worry when my heroes get old. I never thought I'd see the day when I would be embarrassed for Willie Nelson on stage or see Steve Martin flop on a talk show. I will be looking forward to seeing this.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I'm glad to hear it is as good as hyped. And, I hope Short wasn't covering for Martin. I worry when my heroes get old. I never thought I'd see the day when I would be embarrassed for Willie Nelson on stage or see Steve Martin flop on a talk show. I will be looking forward to seeing this.

Steve Martin is aging gracefully, but he's still got it for the most part. Martin Short really looks like he's popped out of a time capsule.

His character is really over the top in a humorous way- he plays a Broadway and TV director and it's right in his wheelhouse.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Just finished the HBO docuseries’ I’ll Be Gone in the Dark. Very good series about the Golden State Killer. Another good one is, Unmasking A Killer. I highly recommend both (5/5) for true crime fans.

• Love
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Bubble Guppies followed by Paw Patrol.
Haha! You need to get into the ones parents can actually enjoy. Try getting your lil one(s) into Ask The Storybots, I really enjoy that one, you’ll probably learn a thing or too, very well done. But I know how it goes. My daughter loves Bubble Guppies & Paw Patrol too. There are other really good ones out there that I can actually enjoy. Pocoyo, Tumble Leaf, The Beat Bugs and Alien TV. Granted,

Reactions: FurCoat

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
We‘ve just finished watching the mini series “The White Lotus” on HBO Max.

It‘s a show about the ultra rich vacationing at a Hawiian resort and the working class to caters to their every need. An excellent cast and great social commentary that had me cringing on several occasions. 4.5/5.
That was a great show! I just watched it a couple of weeks ago.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Billions, on Showtime, is finally back on. Production for Season 5 (Episode 7) was shut down last June due to COVID. Episode 8 finally aired yesterday (Sunday). It’s a pretty good drama series about greed, power, and corruption. It has had its ups and downs over the years, but I’d still give it a 5/5 overall?

F6E7BA67-A1BB-4357-B0FD-DD5284212B0A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.