(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

BingBong

Lifer
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
@Sadluck Sounds like it would suit the King's Clay!
I had a Lima model of 87031 Hal O The Wynd on my model railway when I had one; here's a photo of it in the livery my model was in:
https://flic.kr/p/2hJkw8b
I liked the 87s, remember when they were new and caught a sleeper to Scotland at Euston, 14 on. First time I'd been pushed back in my seat going up Camden Bank, doing 100 by Willesden. Awesome.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I liked the 87s, remember when they were new and caught a sleeper to Scotland at Euston, 14 on. First time I'd been pushed back in my seat going up Camden Bank, doing 100 by Willesden. Awesome.
@BingBong
Very distinctive start-up & shutdown sound:)
Some of them went to Bulgaria where they run alongside communist era Skoda locomotives.
I've seen the 87s at Crewe Heritage Centre and the National Railway Museum in York. Most powerful British locomotives of their time - they're said to have made light work of Shap & Beattock on the Anglo Scottish expresses!

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
As I posted in another thread, I’m smoking some Fox Bankers in a Jonas Rosengren (Sweden) soft white stem pipe. Bankers is like smoking a fine cigar. The leather leaf tobacco tray is by Jerry Sobatka of West Virginia.

Attachments

• IMG_9632.jpeg
    IMG_9632.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.