PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkinAZ

Lurker
Jun 28, 2010
Sun City West, Arizona USA
Finishing off the evening with some Savinelli Brunello Flake in the Altinay Lattice Bent Billiard on the patio. You guys have a great rest of your evening👍

ANTvig8.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some low calorie snacking, and am smoking Jim’s Experimental Scottish in a 2016 quarter bend Royal Meerschaum lattice calabash meer with a tapered black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic stem. Cleaned a few pipes, and fed Harry the Hairy. Harry wanted attention, too, so he's happy now. Daisy the Feral Princess and Sleepy Suzy are snoozin' in the same places they were when I mentioned them before. Time to read baseball box scores.
Royal_Meer_Lattice_Calabash.jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Smoking some Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake Aromatic tonight and putting the pipe down for a bit since I'm noticing something peculiar. It seems whenever I smoke Dark Flake Aromatic or 1792 Flake I get a really bad headache, which is odd since I've smoked plenty of other strong blends like Kendal Dark, Dark Bird's Eye, Kendal Kentucky, Irish Flake, Nightcap, and so on and never gotten a headache from any of them; but both Dark Flake Aromatic and 1792 Flake give me a headache every time. I suspect it may be the Tonquin bean causing the headache, since those are the only two pipe blends I've ever smoked with Tonquin in them and also the only blends to ever give me a headache. Odd.

IMG20240716121452.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2012 Prince Albert in a straight smooth walnut 1927 KBB Kaywoodie Drinkless 86 dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This model was only made in 1927. I'll end the day with this smoke. Just fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager.
Kaywoodie_Dublin 86_1927.jpg

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Enjoying a bowl of well aged Marlin Flake in my basket bamboo billiard. I find myself reaching for the “cheap” pipes in my collection more and more. I can’t remember the last time I’ve reached for one of my Mummert’s, Castello’s Becker’s or Dunhill’s. I guess I’ve finally reached codger status? Who knows?

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Its not as good as Quiet Nights but Ive a jar of Plum Pudding. Ive been smoking through my lat blends to see what I like. GLP is 23 bucks a tin in the EU but Im going to stock it anyway as my special lat blend. Its pretty incredible. Things like Plum Pudding can be my back up. Ive ordered some Bill Bailey's and HU Balkan Passion as well. We will see how that shakes out.

Smoking in my kai lat bulldog.

1725618537084.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.