PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Moongazing with Gawith Bosun Cut Plug and a clay pipe.
View attachment 250053
@Mrs. Pickles Nice pipe and good tobacco choice; I enjoyed it in my clays.
Been to see Redcoats & Revolutionaries at Cromford Mills yesterday; I wore my Redcoat and the tricorne hat & I was smoking GH Brown Pigtail Twist in my long clay pipe lit from the blacksmith's forge! Jason the blacksmith says he liked the smell of the twist and said it smelled like an 18th century tavern! He's given me a hand forged hook as a keepsake; perfect for my medieval themed home. I've got some hand forged medieval cutlery that I use most days for eating dinner in my Great Hall - I'm used to eating with a 2 pronged fork now! Using medieval cutlery & kitchen tongs, making & wearing a handmade linen shirt & smoking a clay pipe are all examples of living history.
My cul de sac is built on land that used to belong to a medieval manor house & my upstairs flat has a staircase that turns 90 degrees to the right like in a medieval castle so it can be defended but not attacked by a right handed person. My living room's furnished like a medieval Great Hall with carved oak furniture, a reproduction throne chair with lion's head arms, a tapestry, flags & knights standing proud in the corners; very fitting! It's as if I was meant to live there! There's a pub in Chesterfield called "The Hidden Knight" and when I went in dressed as a knight during the Medieval Festival someone asked "Are you the Hidden Knight?:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
C&D Winchester in a Tekin.View attachment 250230
@RobNYC I was smoking C&D Winchester in my clay pipe at the Battle of Nantwich re-enactment last January. I gave one of the Sealed Knot re-enactors who normally smokes roll-ups a smoke of my clay; unfortunately I broke my clay while emptying the ash out in a pub beer garden ashtray:-(
He showed me how to tap the ash out of a clay pipe without breaking it, by gently tapping it against the back of my hand!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Jason the blacksmith / Wieland Forge:
He gave me one of his S hooks today; dad calls him "the pipe lighter":)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barramundi and sugar snap peas dinner with a slice of chocolate cake for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching the Braves-Nats game. Had a great time with my old college buddy today. He never had cinnamon raisin French toast before, and ate half the number of slices that I did. He was so full that he passed on dinner, the slacker! No wonder why he's so skinny. :)
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
2010 Brindle in my J Everett bent billiard.

080454-DE-175-C-4-A05-9-E50-A638119-C4-CE6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.