Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
@RobNYC Jason the blacksmith in between lighting my clay pipe:
Thank you for these videos!

attic_piper

Lurker
Sep 22, 2023
Central Virginia
Hi @attic_piper, it's frustrating that a good-looking pipe just doesn't smoke right:(
Have you checked the drilling? My only 'real Peterson' also gurgles, no matter what tobacco I put in. I've found that the drilling is approximately 2mm higher from the chamber bottom. On the other hand, I have an Irish Second, and it's a great smoker.
I checked it out and it looks pretty flush with the bottom of the bowl. If I ever get a thick enough layer of cake on it maybe it'll help out with the gurgle. It also started oxidizing within the first week of purchase :'). Thanks for the heads up, I'd never heard of Irish Seconds, though the prices are a bit steeper than what I expected from the name.

FoggyMorning

Can't Leave
Jul 15, 2023
Kanagawa, Japan
I checked it out and it looks pretty flush with the bottom of the bowl. If I ever get a thick enough layer of cake on it maybe it'll help out with the gurgle. It also started oxidizing within the first week of purchase :'). Thanks for the heads up, I'd never heard of Irish Seconds, though the prices are a bit steeper than what I expected from the name.
I might just skip the Irish Seconds and pick a Peterson now, but it was my second month since I start smoking pipes, I wasn't ready for a pipe over $100 and there's a $50 good looking Irish Seconds on sale.
In results, I'm very happy with the purchase and keeping it in my regular rotation.
1000004721.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good afternoon. Before lunch, I'm smoking the first third of mb, scottish mixture, in a MM General bent. It's a hellish summer day today, wind blowing from the east. My friend, the computer guy, repaired my stinky old computer. I lost a hard drive with a lot of data on it, though. To hell with it. Glad to be here with you again. God bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.