PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoggyMorning

Can't Leave
Jul 15, 2023
Kanagawa, Japan
Briar fox in a Peterson. I hardly ever smoke this pipe. Has a tendency to gurgle often no matter the tobacco or packing method. Really like the pot shape and silver band but can't seem to overcome that gurgle.
Hi @attic_piper, it's frustrating that a good-looking pipe just doesn't smoke right:(
Have you checked the drilling? My only 'real Peterson' also gurgles, no matter what tobacco I put in. I've found that the drilling is approximately 2mm higher from the chamber bottom. On the other hand, I have an Irish Second, and it's a great smoker.

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
@RobNYC I was smoking C&D Winchester in my clay pipe at the Battle of Nantwich re-enactment last January. I gave one of the Sealed Knot re-enactors who normally smokes roll-ups a smoke of my clay; unfortunately I broke my clay while emptying the ash out in a pub beer garden ashtray:-(
He showed me how to tap the ash out of a clay pipe without breaking it, by gently tapping it against the back of my hand!
I'm sorry to hear that...I hope you had a great time aside from the casualty.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I'm sorry to hear that...I hope you had a great time aside from the casualty.
@RobNYC Yes thanks; my first visit to the Battle of Nantwich.
Been to see Redcoats & Revolutionaries yesterday; I was wearing my Redcoat uniform & smoking GH Brown Pigtail Twist in a clay pipe lit from the blacksmith's forge. Jason the blacksmith says the twist smelled like 18th century taverns...

Status
Not open for further replies.