PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Going to watch the Braves-Phillies game until my interview at 9, and will DVR the rest of the game.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Stress in Iceland that don’t sound right. :(

Let’s see what does Google say;

Kópavogur is a very family friendly town with active sport teams, fantastic swimming pools, and outdoor attractions.

Long live Björk!

Icelandic bands and a few of their tunes I really love! ❤️

While Kælan Mikla, seems quite heavy Goth Witch like, which isn’t my thing, I’m really moved by their song Næturblóm.

I love these songs by Apparat Organ Quartet.

I love Icelandic music, I hope one day to visit Iceland. 🇮🇸 ❤️

I hope you have many stress free days in Iceland, be well! ❤️
I work in Grindavík, but yeah, living in Kópavogur can be nice when the weather allows to be outside. Generally, Icelandic employers are awful and the government/healthcare/banks take away all the money you earn, so it can be very stressful living here.
There are plenty of good music everywhere in the world, my favourite local band is Árstíðir. Kælan Mikla is not my taste, but I like Apparat - they had a short performance within the Christmas concert series in Harpa (Reykjavík opera house) last year - we attend with my family every year. Hopefully not this year, because if everything goes well, we will leave this country finally - forever by my hopes. Maybe I see the bad side more, I grew up here and have seen many things, lived in different countries as well - and I don't have a positive opinion about this society. I think the marketing is better than reality. People are usually not welcoming here, and they don't accept when someone's different - even though just the opposite is one of Iceland's selling points. Nature is beautiful, but it's beautiful everywhere, where it's not destroyed already. I wish you a nice trip if you come here one day. But prepare yourself for extremely steep prices and horrible weather. Regarding pipe smoking: It's not allowed to smoke inside at all, and outside it's mostly windy, rainy, snowy. Four pipe tobaccos are available only (Skandinavik, Half & Half, Special/Sweet Dublin, and Sunday's Fantasy), at just a few stores, so take enough baccy with you.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with a unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Getting a couple of things done before the broadcast.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

Nevaditude

Can't Leave
Apr 5, 2022
Northern Nevada
Well, the uncle a friend of mine recently passed away. My friend, knowing I enjoy short-wave radios, gifted me this beautiful Zenith Trans Oceanic 7000! I was stunned. This is truly off of my white whale list. Gratefully celebrated with 2 bowls of Edward G. Robinson in my Peterson 303 H-day System from 2021. Feeling very blessed today! puffy
303sysH.jpg

Last edited:

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Bas Matica in my Old Church billiard.

2-D65-F3-F7-9648-4-FDF-96-E4-E99222761-D87.png

Status
Not open for further replies.