PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Couldn't sleep, so I'm up and smoking circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Doing some research.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Another sleepless night and I can’t be bothered to put much thought into what’s going in my pipe today, so I started with SWR in the London Briars Rhodesian.
The next closest blend/pipe within reach is Solani 633 and Kiko meer poker. This pipe is colouring very well as are the two Kiko Caveman meers I have, I’m not sure if Amboselli colours differently to Turkish meer but I love this amber hue. image.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
A very slow start to the day. Although I was up at 4.30 I am only just now having my first bowl of the day which is Gallaghers Condor Plug in a small meerschaum meerschaum 'cutty' made in Paris around the turn of the century. I am just too mentally drained to post a picture having spent several hours preparing Mrs Condor's 2020 tax returns. The true look of wonderment on her Finnish visage when I explain that filing is not an optional activity in the U.S is truly mind blowing. Explaining to her USPS Registered Mail is even more amusing but thankfully Youtube has a video on how to use that service which saved me from another mental melt down!

wgstraub

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2021
Silver Spring, MD
This is a really great pipe of unknown origin. It is marked Bennington, a tobacconist in Boca Raton, FL. It was made in Italy. Bennington had some of its pipes made by Savinelli, according to Pipedia, but I'm thinking this one came from Stefano because of the nice, thick walls and the acrylic stem. Just a guess but if all Bennington pipes are like this I need to corner the market. Smoked some Maltese Falcon in it at the dog park this morning. Didn't much care for this tobacco at the beginning but it's grown on me a bit, although it remains well behind MM 965 and Balkan Sasieni.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
A very slow start to the day. Although I was up at 4.30 I am only just now having my first bowl of the day which is Gallaghers Condor Plug in a small meerschaum meerschaum 'cutty' made in Paris around the turn of the century. I am just too mentally drained to post a picture having spent several hours preparing Mrs Condor's 2020 tax returns. The true look of wonderment on her Finnish visage when I explain that filing is not an optional activity in the U.S is truly mind blowing. Explaining to her USPS Registered Mail is even more amusing but thankfully Youtube has a video on how to use that service which saved me from another mental melt down!
@condorlover1 Raining here in England, got a parcel to take to the Co-op but need to leave my card at home to make sure I don't buy any more pipe baccy:)
Got over 2 weeks to get that Condor down my throat; please wish me luck with Stoptober!
One thing, will having my pipes around be a problem once I've smoked all my tobacco???

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@condorlover1 Raining here in England, got a parcel to take to the Co-op but need to leave my card at home to make sure I don't buy any more pipe baccy:)
Got over 2 weeks to get that Condor down my throat; please wish me luck with Stoptober!
One thing, will having my pipes around be a problem once I've smoked all my tobacco???
Will power lad!

Status
Not open for further replies.