PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meerly John

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2021
Mid-USA
I am about to light my first bowl of Esoterica, 'And So to Bed...' to be exact. It will also be the inaugural bowl in my AKB Meerschaum Lattice Rhodesian, which will be dedicated to Latakia blends.

My research suggests that it was tinned in 2019, but I also found a strong and consistent claim that Esoterica is pre-aged and released at peak age. I've included a picture of the tin paper for all to judge for themselves.

20210914_173508.jpg20210914_173742.jpg

I also just learned I could adjust the size of photos!

Last edited:

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
@--dante-- Sounds nice; is that a Markus Fohr clay pipe?
Have you got any photos of it as this clay pipe smoking Redcoat would like to see your new pipe?
I don't currently have a photo -- I suppose I should get in the habit of posting an occasional photo to the "what are you smoking" thread, but they're nearly always cobs and clays, so I figured it's not in the show n tell category.
That said, here's the link to my new pipe: Old German Clay Pipe #1 with a Bi-Color Horn Stem - https://shop.pipeshoppe.com/product/old-german-clay-pipe-1-with-a-bi-color-horn-stem/

I like the bigger bowl, and the horn stem itself seems to be pretty good quality, and has the same draw (small diameter airway) that a fully clay pipe of that type would have. It's from a mold of the old American colonial tavern pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.