PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2012 Sutliff BRG in a brown “rocky” smooth medium bend 1970s Peterson 309 Standard sculpted billiard military mount with a nickel ferrule and a black vulcanite saddle stem. Magnum Roastery Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink. Time to chat with my Archie editor.
Peterson_Sculpted.jpg

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
Mixture No. 79 in the little restored Thermofilter, Red Rose tea with whole milk...There wasn't enough space to fit a full length Dr. Grabow filter, so I snipped it in half.

jDgq0ydl.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Working my way up to full bowls in the new Savinelli 313:

313_capstan_913.jpg

I asked my wife to help me choose which Virginia to open next: a tin of Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture from 2013, or the Capstan Blue that I just recently bought. She initially chose the Elizabethan, in honor of the departed queen, but then I told her that Capstan had been a favorite of J.R.R. Tolkien. Being a huge Tolkien nerd, she immediately changed her answer! 😄

I packed this bowl and did a charring light before going to bed last night, and am just now resuming it. My leather tongue and I are reserving judgment until we've had a few bowls, but I'd say it's mild but promising. Not as grassy or tangy as some others I've had, somewhere in the middle. I fully rubbed out this bowl, but read some threads today about cube-cutting flakes, so I'm excited to try that next. puffy

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I had a bowl of Old Toby that I started in the Vauen Olaf bent egg yesterday that I never got to smoke (just initial light and a few minutes of smoking. Today I had to run a business errand 35 minutes away and grabbed it as I went out the door. I enjoyed it on the way to and from my meeting. My Vauen Olaf bent egg, since I removed the bowl coating and re-coated with my own pipe-mud coating, has become one of my favorite go to knock-around pipes. The key is lighting it and letting it go almost out then just sipping it slowly for a long time. Wow! It almost smokes as well as my Savinelli 2414KS which is almost 40 yrs old and has always been near perfect. Just an enjoyable smoke today while in heavy traffic. Some days things just work out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.