PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in an undated straight smooth brown Crosby Saint Andrews “Merchant Service-like Bing” with a silverish band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. I finished work, did a load of dishes, and fed Daisy the Feral Princess, plus the irrepressible Molly Danger! Sleepy Suzy is snoozin' away.
St.Andrews_Bing #1 copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I was closer to finishing my last smoke than I realized. So, I'm a third of the way through this bowl of Watch City Beta Test VBur in a straight smooth brown post-WW2 LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian with a metal screw-in tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Time to read baseball box scores.
LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Well, was trying to relax and smoke in my Radice Rind Straight, some Bosun Cut Plug from 2021. I bought twice at two different drops last year at SPC, and one at Boswell’s, not sure where this one is from. The smell is ok, but not as strong as I’ve had, and there is no Bosun sauce taste.

Really disappointing, because the tabac doesn’t even taste as it should, this is going in the trash! :(

Gawith needs to get it together, people aren’t going to accept inconsistency, and we know the sauce is inconsistent.

FA682362-00E1-4400-918E-6E1AF779C738.jpeg

P.S. This is so disappointing, I need to go find something else to put in this pipe!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I’ve seen some lovely Stanwell pipes catching up so thought I’d show off this recent acquisition, an Anne Julie 183, it’s marked HANGL SAMNAUN which I is a German company and was probably gifted from them in the 70/80’s to cooperate exec’s and buyers as I understand that was their practice. I’m filling with Father Dempsey as it seems to prefer mild English blends above all else.
On deck is my other Stanwell, picked up for a few quid in a local antique shop, it’s a Sixtus Iversson and this one handles blends with DFK better than anything else so it’s gonna be packed with Savinelli Jupiter. image.jpgimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.