PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
This 1906 H&J Meerschaum arrived this morning, the stem is a little loose but a little gossamer tape fixed that up in a jiffy. Haven’t had time to find out who H & J are yet but if anyone knows I’d appreciate it.
This stood out because it has a shield on the bottom of the bowl as well as a good colouring. First smoke will be Plum Cake. image.jpgimage.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Morning Men! It has been over a month since I posted in the 'What are You Smoking' section of the forum. As it is a beautiful sunny day I thought I was start the day off with some Bosun's Plug in the meerschaum that refuses to color as fast as it should. In six months I have managed a little over one inch of stem color in the course of several hundred bowls. I suppose I shall see how things progress through September. Anyway have a pleasant day, enjoy your smokes and I'll drop by later!

thumbnail-3.jpeg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Country Squire Old Toby in the Barontini 1/2 spigot as an experiment ... I re-assembled stem and tenon but I also sanded varnish off of the pipe... I left it on the bottom and shank to highlight the birdseye. I lightly oiled and waxed it. The pipe is now cooler to the touch. The fine grained areas of concern only get very warm but not hot as the pipe can now 'breathe'. I am about to order some Paragon wax. Good smoke. Will take pictures later.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
@Jwebb90 and @UncleRasta do you prefer the Sutliff Elizabethan Match over the current Peterson-branded EM?
My preference is for the Sutliff match. This was blended to replicate the old Murray’s version and not the currently produced stuff. @JimInks knows a good bit about the Murray version and can share his insights.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.