PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
Today is a special day. I'm smoking one of our members' special blends in a pipe from the same man. Thanks for the tobacco and a wonderful trade. The pipe: a cased magnum with an amber stem (I want to say 1918 but I forget and don't want to look it up as I'm having a great smoke) AWA. The tobacco: some of his home grown leaf.

@Ahi Ka is a true gentleman.

EDIT: This is my first "fine white ash" smoke.

EDIT #2 This is my happy face 20220914_133909.jpg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walks, and am not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke Rum and Maple in a straight smooth with a tobacco leaf carving on the bottom left, dark brown 1980s Sir Brent pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Giants game.
Sir_Brent_Pot.jpg

VDL_Piper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Good morning to you all. Raining, dark and cold this Thursday and so I’m shuffling around lighting the fire. Coffee is made and I see in another discussion here that Stokkebye’s tobacco’s have taken on the mythical status of “unobtainum”. With that in mind I’ve stuffed a bowl of Mr Stokkebye’s Cube Cut in my Poul Winslow pot to enjoy whilst I listen to the radio show with an interview of pipe maker Jason Patrick.
7E6DF1B8-172C-4290-8592-D39277934363.jpeg

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
I took a couple of days off to give my tongue a rest. I burned it on some hot food and then the smoke exacerbated things. So, first pipe after a rest: C&D Briar Fox in my Savinelli 614. Went slow and low on that and thoroughly enjoyed it. Tongue is still a little irritated, though, so I may take a few more days off (as hard as that will be)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.