PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Envy apple, and have almost a quarter of a bowl left of 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Been working, and listening to the ball game.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Just fed Molly Danger, and it's time to check on the ferals. Sleepy Suzy is snoozin' through it all.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Thanks but meh, it can always be better. I'm still too hung up on too much prestige and finesse when it comes to pipes and their visuals although I could never afford the big stuff.
Just look a those incredible pieces that some of our good brothers share on this forum,
like @Chasing Embers Meerschaum skull pipe with tricorne hat.
I'd love but don't have a goddamn tricorne hat... But his pipe does! :ROFLMAO:

My thoughts exactly. The UK and Northern Germany has a lot of combined history and nowadays this little strip of water just isn't big enough to provide a decent barrier. And I always wanted to visit the UK and have a proper English breakfast. Maybe one of these days I'll get a little nutshell together and paddle across. ;)
But until then: Jolly smokes from across the pond!

On topic:
Don't wanna waste good space so here's the same clay from the other side, open knot because it really helps with balance and will open up anyway. Also good for a little tingle on the old fingers. :col:
But everything grips and feels real good in general. Very recommendable!
View attachment 168826
@Chaukisch I've got a tricorn hat I found while litter picking:)
Goes well with the Redcoat, pewter tankard and clay pipe!

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Working my way up to full bowls in the new Savinelli 313:

View attachment 169011

I asked my wife to help me choose which Virginia to open next: a tin of Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture from 2013, or the Capstan Blue that I just recently bought. She initially chose the Elizabethan, in honor of the departed queen, but then I told her that Capstan had been a favorite of J.R.R. Tolkien. Being a huge Tolkien nerd, she immediately changed her answer! 😄

I packed this bowl and did a charring light before going to bed last night, and am just now resuming it. My leather tongue and I are reserving judgment until we've had a few bowls, but I'd say it's mild but promising. Not as grassy or tangy as some others I've had, somewhere in the middle. I fully rubbed out this bowl, but read some threads today about cube-cutting flakes, so I'm excited to try that next. puffy

IMHO this wouldn’t sell a lot without the Tolkien-story. That’s why I bought it.

I’m not a big fan of his Ring either. I read the whole story at the age of 16 and liked the „The Hobbit“ as preface to the Ring the most.

Today I am not into fairytales any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.