PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Samuel Gawith 'Perfection' in a Ben Wade 'Walnut' ... I haven't had this mixture in many years and I'm pleased that the new tins haven't strayed perceptibly from the old formula, which, I can't say is true for the flakes and some of the Gawith Hoggarth mixtures. Tobacco is constantly changing as are the hands that make it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200915_221441.jpg
    IMG_20200915_221441.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Something new...Haunted Bookshop sprinkled in some Sutliff Barbados Plantation. Pretty good! Nice burn mot too many relights. In my Nording Spiral.

I think I also rediscovered I really like the Sutliff Barbados. I’ve been off aros a while, but this was really nice and didn’t taste goopy. Could be the mix of drier stronger burley from the HBshop.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Smoking more of this Acadian Gold in the Morgan Bones billiard. I’ve got enough of this stuff to play around with now and me thinks the noodle press is in order. I think pressing this might add a bit of depth but I really am enjoying this oddity as is. Surprised it didn’t gain more traction but I do see how this could be polarizing. Smells almost like green olives in the tin and has a briney taste to it in the smoke. Definitely glad I caught more during the clearance sale.

D6006CB7-A5BA-4566-9E1F-65D9005F6664.jpeg

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Today... smoked Erinmore to start in a Peterson. Then had first bowl of full virginia flake in a big Canadian Dublin I’ve never used before. Was great! Both. Went on a walk and smoked quiet nights in my first pipe. A Bjarne Viking. 2nd bowl of that ever. Also good. Comparing to penzance since many say they’re close. Tomorrow I’ll smoke some penzance and see. Then had some Billy Budd in a new but old stock (circa 2000ish) vauen lucca I’m still breaking in. I like to mix it up. All tobacco types. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.