PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
1995 Blackwoods Flake in my Berggreen bamboo billiard.

690590-C0-AF36-4-C63-870-D-12011054-B376.png

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Thanks mate, how’s things going for you in Korea? Have you found any good Korean tobaccos yet?
No Korean Tobacco .........yet.Only the cigarettes sold at the local convenience stores.Not even cheap cigars.Maybe in a large city like Seoul there is a cigar/tobacco shop.Maybe in Busan.I'll let you know.Aside from that,life here out in the rice paddies is quiet.The neighboring city of Nam Hae has an excellent Korean BBQ restaurant,and one passable BBQ restaurant. I would say the average age of the people working in the paddies is 70,and more than a few are quite bent over.No young people here.I have to report back to work in the states next month.Happy smokes,Birddog.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Just a fantastic pipe! I look forward to owning one of his. He’s got a really different, distinct style.
Thanks. I agree. His bamboo work is very creative, My other Roman Kovalev pipe is a custom nose warmer in strawberry wood that's almost a perfect sphere. His smooth pipes have incredible grain but I just love his blasts. That's one of the reasons I wanted one of his rare strawberry wood creations. Big admirer of your collection as well.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Match Ready Rubbed in a Kaywoodie Silhouette billiard. This blend and I DO NOT get along. I've bought several ounces of it over the years, because on paper, this blend is everything I like. But I put it in a pipe and it doesn't work for me. Never tastes right, rarely burns well. I've tried drying it, not drying it, all manner of briar and cob, and after 4 years, still not one good smoke. I've had a couple not terrible smokes, but that isn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.