PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia Flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the D-Backs-Phillies game, and am getting ready to clean a few pipes.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Gawith's Rum Flake in a Peterson short army 106.

I'm favoring straight stems when doing something and wanted a change of pace from a cob when being "active". While normally not a fan of Peterson's rustication, this one looks like a small beaver got a hold of it (opposed to the raid variety) and makes the pipe easier to hold when "active".

20231016_221815.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Last edited:

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Thanks. I agree. His bamboo work is very creative, My other Roman Kovalev pipe is a custom nose warmer in strawberry wood that's almost a perfect sphere. His smooth pipes have incredible grain but I just love his blasts. That's one of the reasons I wanted one of his rare strawberry wood creations. Big admirer of your collection as well.
I agree, his smooths are better than most but his blasts are amazing. I would want one similar to yours. I love his bent bamboo shank blasts. I’m usually not into nose warmers but I think I’d buy one of his.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and almost half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.