PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
@bluegrassbrian I enjoyed the Full Virginia Flake in my clay pipes; Appleyard's in Buxton sells it loose (bring your own packet). The Clay King likes his Gawith baccy - especially in re-used packaging. Not much single use with me!
I've been using the same 6 or 7 little ziploc baggies for daily tobacco travel since late 2016.
A couple are beginning to show the wear and tear. Much like a middle aged man and his underwear - I'll keep these baggies until they turn to dust. I believe they carry with them the residual flavor and magic of flakes past.

image.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I've been using the same 6 or 7 little ziploc baggies for daily tobacco travel since late 2016.
A couple are beginning to show the wear and tear. Much like a middle aged man and his underwear - I'll keep these baggies until they turn to dust. I believe they carry with them the residual flavor and magic of flakes past.

View attachment 255241
@bluegrassbrian Well done! I took some re-used empty packets to Nottingham & Buxton for my loose pipe baccy & made a Christmas card out of a reclaimed piece of card, some Clan packet tartan and a picture I already had. Fully recycled, didn't cost me anything and helping the environment! Let's make it a green Christmas! Dad says when I went to see the Sealed Knot, re-using the empty packet didn't offset the emissions from burning the tobacco!

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois

View attachment 255241
Epic! I've been reusing Five Brother Pouches. Might switch it up to ziplock do avoid the dry out if I don't finish it quick enough.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@Ben.R.C I enjoyed the Old Dark Fired in my clay pipes; @Chasing Embers recommends it for finding out how long a giant clay pipe would take to smoke. It would be fun to get a giant clay pipe - a King Size clay for the Clay King - and find out how much they hold and how long they take to smoke - a bit of experimental archaeology! As @Chasing Embers would say "now that's in my pipe size area":)

gawithhoggarth

Can't Leave
Dec 26, 2019
Kendal, UK
www.gawithhoggarth.co.uk
View attachment 255197

Enjoying another bowl of Kendal Black Cherry in the Savinelli 401 Churchwarden tonight. I was doing a little research on the history of this blend and as far as I can tell it used to be called Top Black Cherry but was renamed Kendal Black Cherry back in 2019. I'm not sure why exactly it was renamed, or if I'm even correct about Top Black Cherry and Kendal Black Cherry being the same, but perhaps @gawithhoggarth could shed some light on the matter?

P.S.: It sure would be nice if we could get some shipments of Exclusiv Black Cherry sent over to the states sometime, since I've heard it's very good! 🍒puffy
I'd have to try and dig into that as don't recall there ever being a Top Black Cherry just Kendal BC and Exclusive Black Cherry. Whether the latter can be sold in the States will depend on whether it was grandfathered years ago.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I'd have to try and dig into that as don't recall there ever being a Top Black Cherry just Kendal BC and Exclusive Black Cherry. Whether the latter can be sold in the States will depend on whether it was grandfathered years ago.
@gawithhoggarth I enjoyed the Gawith Hoggarth baccy samples I got at Nottingham Pipe Show. When I went to Buxton last week I got 25g of Coniston Cut Plug and a GBP2 sample pack of Bob's Flake. I like the traditional tobacconists that weigh the loose pipe baccy out - the man serving me says a lot of their customers bring their own packaging for the loose baccy - I love plastic free stuff like my toiletries, cleaning products, dry foods such as pasta etc, loose sweets, pipe baccy (all weighed out into my own containers) and I've got a reusable cup for my take-out drinks.
I was smoking GH Mahogany at the Viking & Redcoat events at Cromford Mill & the Viking re-enactment at Elvaston Castle when Jason the blacksmith lit my clay pipe with an ember from his forge. Here's a photo of my favourite lighter:
Cromford pipelighter.JPG
Picked 11 bags of rubbish today; got given a chocolate bar as a thankyou for my efforts, 3 pints of milk from a "free please take" box, found 3 unopened cans of cider (drank 1 of them) & a McDonald's Monopoly ticket for a free hot drink.
The Clay King loves his Gawith Hoggarth!

Status
Not open for further replies.