PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I’m not sure but all tobacco blends in the UK can no longer mention flavouring so that blend is now called Kendal BC here, Rum Flake is Jamaican Flake but like the BC most others have been reduced to initials. I guess it’s to stop 13 year olds picking up the pipe instead of disposable vapes that they can leave literally everywhere and enjoy bubble gum watermelon flavours among many others obviously marketed towards kids. Brave new world I guess. No strike that, it’s a stupid, cowardly new word where the easiest route through life is encouraged. Or am I just a jaded old cynic?

Well, if you are a jaded old cynic then you're in good company because that makes two of us. Given how few pipe smokers there are anymore, and how just about no kid ever has picked up a proper tobacco pipe and had an enjoyable experience with it, you'd think the powers that be would just leave pipe smokers and their blends alone. Alas, you'd think wrong. I think I'm just gonna have another bowl of Kendal Black Cherry then go to bed. 😴

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
I’m not sure but all tobacco blends in the UK can no longer mention flavouring ... I guess it’s to stop 13 year olds picking up the pipe instead of disposable vapes that they can leave literally everywhere and enjoy bubble gum watermelon flavours among many others obviously marketed towards kids.
We were in the UK in Sept and saw a lot of youngsters puffing on those disposable vapes that smell like cola and bubble gum. I think what that is teaching them is OCD compulsive behavior. It's like a pacifier they suck on. Pipe smoking of course encourages leisure and contemplation... can't have that, right?

I saw ONE pipe smoker on the streets of Burford. It was lovely to smell the smoke wafting through the crisp morning air.

H

HRPufnstuf

More Sutliff Stoved VA with added perique in an S Bang. I forgot I already smoked this today once already smoking it again. 😂 my only rule about rotating pipes is once a day max per pipe, obviously I’m not a purest! 😂
View attachment 255150
Sometimes it's just such a good pipe you need another. I call those second helpings. I had one in my Anton & Co. yesterday, second serving of Mark Twain. It's not a second helping if you change tobaccos. That's just lazy or forgetful...or both.;)

H

HRPufnstuf

Carolina Red Flake w/Perique

View attachment 255193

A bit woozy this morning as a result of yesterday's experiment with my innovative SEDRHGT* approach to pipe smoking.

After setting up as described previously I reëntered the closet, now dense with smoke from Best Brown Flake, chosen for this purpose as it is relatively straightforward.

Inhale. Retro-hale. The first thing that came to mind was how wonderfully liberating it was to smoke without requiring recourse to a pipe.

Inhale. Retro-hale. Waves of gustatory and olfactory sensation coursed through me with a complexity that was beyond anything I had ever experienced.

Inhale. Retro-hale. I began to unravel the individual strands: the scent of the sea off the coast of Malabar; castelvetrano olives; pickled herring; Barbasol shave cream...

Inhale. Retro-hale. The melange began to overwhelm me; a veritable phantasmagoria of tastes and smells.

Inhale. Retro-hale. My head started to spin. Inhale. Retro-hale. Inhale. Retro-ha...

I came to on the floor of the closet having evidently neglected to account for the paucity of oxygen in the hermetically sealed closet and its rate of depletion. Fortunately my wife had returned and opened the closet door before I had succumbed to asphyxiation. Unfortunately, she took in the modifications I had made to the closet and, unaccountably displeased, shut it again with me still in it.

But the influx of air coupled with the noise of the slamming door had roused me sufficiently that I was able to crawl to the backyard where I was eventually revivified.

Clearly the SEDRHGT* method, although enormously promising, requires a bit of fine-tuning. Assuming I survive, I'll report on future progress in this space.

*Sealed Enclosure Delayed Retro-Hale Gratification Technique© 2023, all rights reserved.
You need a smoother acronym to market this method.

H

HRPufnstuf

Good afternoon. While my sister-in-law prepares lunch. I continue with the second third of mb scottish mixture, in a MM General bent. Finally the cold weather is here, I can wear wool socks 😵‍💫😜:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🥴. Well, my sister-in-law is going to try to make a Valencian paella, if it doesn't work out, we have a pizzeria near our house. I wish you a happy Sunday. And God bless you.
I love wool socks. My sister gives me a pair every Christmas that she knits herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.