PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Continuing the 'coin trick' in this Nate King meerschaum prince (on an amber stem) and a bowl of 2020 Carolina Red Flake - what a sweet, sweet virginia but incredibly monotonous, will probably use it for blending:

H2IQ6oEl.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
It’s Basil Rathbone night! I recorded a few films off TCM while at work and now (because I rarely smoke inside and it’s wonderful on the deck) will enjoy these pipes until dark when I can start my mini-marathon which will continue tomorrow night. As I type, the Peterson first year original Original Sherlock Holmes with KBV Merchant Service Fireside Chat (if @JimInks called this an all day smoke he’s right - this is great stuff!). In about an hour or whenever, the Peterson Rathbone with (of course) 2020 Wilke No. 515 from my first “cellaring”. This is going to be a great evening/night!View attachment 173115
Love this...

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Some Carolina Red Flake in an Orlik Supreme Sandblast from ~1974-1980 with a Hand Cut stem. Hot Chocolate for the drink tonight in my Grandpa cup.

First smoke in this pipe and first time smoking an Orlik and damn this is a fine pipe and fine smoker! Thanks to @Ahi Ka for the help with the Orlik marquee.

FCA52139-1346-4741-8C0C-84F1032580C7.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty peach, and am a third of the way through the last of this sample of year 2022 Peter Heinrichs Curly Cut in the first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Lumberman with a long shank and a black vulcanite saddle stem, unbranded.
Trevor_Talbert_Lumberman-big.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
This evening Lane 1-Q in the barontini 1/2 spigot. Just finished watching Dressed to Kill with Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes smoking a Peterson 4Ab Smooth and Dr. Watson smoking a tall Peterson Rhodesian with a Diamond Shank ... in one scene you can see the engraved P on the silver band. Holmes goes to a tobacco shop to identify a custom made cigarette's owner ... the tobacco was "almost entirely Egyptian with Latakia and Perique" ... The customer was femme fatale Mrs. Courtney who murdered to obtain Bank of England bank plates. The tobacco shop had a large ceramic jar that said Peterson's Tobaccos on it. Dr. Watson appeared to be using the breathe method as he and Holmes strolled through a pub. Worth catching and watching again.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
I just had to smoke a bowl of Haddo's Delight after @ashdigger had me in stitches over on the Dishonorable Mentions thread. This was probably jarred in 2017. The topping really put me off when I first tried this, but I'm a big fan of the constituent tobaccos making up this blend. Thankfully, 5 years in a jar has done wonders. The aroma is nice. Not off-putting. It has mellowed a lot and I don't taste any topping after the charring light. The reds have tamed down quite a bit. It's hearty, smooth, fruity, and the perique and burley play well together. Don't knock it till you jar it for 5 years, I guess. A short smoke with a side of Jim Beam on ice in my Ropp Etudiant sandblasted J06, following a hearty turkey dinner at my parent's house. Gorgeous evening for this time of year. In 2019 we had a major blizzard on Thanksgiving. (Canadian Thanksgiving is in October by the way.) This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for the mild weather, and for the health of my family. Night night.

IMG_2803.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.