PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Smoking now a self made blend, based mainly on Basmas tobacco. It was given to me by Nikos, one of the oldest and founding members or our local pipe club during last Wednesday's gathering. Nikos is an artist that makes various things "with his hands", among them: tobacco blends. I have tried many of his creations and I have to tell that all of them are very good and some are exceptional. When smoking them I also think that I consume something out of mass/series production, hand made and most possibly unique, and that makes them even better, so thank you Nikos.
In a MM General.

A happy month to all, good people.

View attachment 172159
Another tobacco by my friend Nikos, the blend maker. This one is based on Burley and it's a fine combination with my morning coffee. I am smoking it in a MM cob (I think it's the "Pride"), all natural, without plaster and polishing. I like especially this style of corn cobs, in fact I like all of them. I believe I could, gladly, smoke only with corn cob pipes, If I had to.
Have a nice Thursday good people.

Private Burley Blend - MM Corn Cob Pipe.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Drinking my morning Espresso and getting over the shock that Velma Dinkley from Scooby-Doo is a lesbian according to The Times of London. Due to the shock factor of this new information I preparing a bowl Brown Twist in a no name antique meerschaum 'cutty' which you will just have to imagine. Having ruined Scooby-Doo I am half expecting to find out Daphne is really a transvestite who in real life is farmer Gregory and that Fred is an aggressive cosplay top or something!!

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Can you explain what I’m looking at? Looks like a modified birds nest.
It's a broken clay pipe that I repaired and improved. It was bound with hemp twine so I can comfortably hold it at the bowl while smoking and also have the pipe sit up on its own. The feathers are just there because I think they look kinda neat.
I really love that pipe; great that you made something so beautiful out of what most others would throw away:)
Thank you! It was a fun little project.

OT:
Smoking the remains of the Hazel's Gone Nuts sample in my Capitello while trying not to drool into my new ingredients that just arrived. Many thanks @UB 40 for pointing me to that great shop, I would've spent a fortune had I imported raw leaves from the US.

20221006_141507 - Copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Going to be a busy day.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.