PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert. I'm part way through this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I think it was more than a year, but less than two. However long it was, it was far too short.
Yes. Charatan was a ground breaking brand, he will never be forgotten in the pipe community. I am glad he came back to it before he left us. His interview on the Pipe Mag radio show seemed upbeat and excited about his work during that time. He came back purely for the fun of it.

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I was in Montreal for Halloween, so I didn’t get to light up a Halloween themed pipe, just one of the unfinished Savinelli Series III pipes I took on the road with me. So, I’m catching up a day late on the Day of the Dead with Cornell & Diehl Visions of Celephaïs in a Baraccini Halloween Pipe 2022—“Jack” 320 Author.

View attachment 258007

While in Montreal, I was very happy to meet up with forum member, @sparker69 on Monday at Blatter & Blatter. I hope it won’t be the last. With our mutual passion for cigars, pipes, craft beer, and whiskies, there’s much to be shared.

View attachment 258010

He brought a couple of wonderful Cuban cigars for me. We smoked some tasty Bolivars while we walked around Downtown Montreal.

View attachment 258008

I might end up saving this Partagas 898 for my birthday or warmer weather. I think the dampness and cold affected the burn of the Bolivar, which required several relights—usually with cigars, it’s one light and done.

View attachment 258009

The grandkids carving pumpkins with their parents:

View attachment 258011

View attachment 258013

Lo, and behold—a very small vampire!

View attachment 258017

And another shot of Wasabi in his costume, just because.

View attachment 258016
Yes - I really enjoyed the visit! We're going to have to do this again!

Status
Not open for further replies.