Not open for further replies.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I posted on another thread that Dad turned 101 last week
To mark his milestone I’m taking out a couple of pipes from his birth year 1922
He was a cigarette smoker.
I remember seeing tins (50 sticks) of Players Navy Cut and when these were no longer available, packs of Peter Stuyvesant and Benson&Hedges

First up is a GBD bent bulldog with tapered vulcanite stem

First bowl of Esoterica Tilbury.
Since Dad smoked cigarettes only, I thought a Virginia blend was appropriate

View attachment 260444View attachment 260446
That's fantastic. Happy birthday to your father. God bless him. 🤩🤩🤩👍🤗

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Oz Piper happy birthday to your dad mate.

I turned 57 yesterday but I can’t stand celebrating my birthday because I’m a miserable old sod. I did drink way too much however and I’m feeling it this morning.
Smoking MacB VRC in a Civic and drinking coffee, lots and lots of coffee.
There is nothing better for a hangover than a good black Ducados cigar. Happy birthday my friend Birddog66. ;)👹

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Happy Veterans Day to everyone!
Having some C&D Exclusive in a Ferndown Tomato. It was tradition for me to call and spend the morning talking to my best friend
of 45 years who was also a veteran, instead I ordered flowers for his grave to be delivered and placed today. He passed away unexpectedly last month.
If you know a Veteran give them a call while there still with us or have a toast for the ones who aren’t.
They will appreciate it. That photo in the background was another Veteran and also my father just home from Korea in 1953.
View attachment 260514
My condolences for your friend, it’s Remembrance Day here tomorrow and as I always attend the ceremony at the memorial I’ll hopefully post some pictures.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Somethings not right if you’re smelling prunes. Sam’s Flake is cased with Tonquin Bean, which comes across with a warm, earthy sweet smell.

Interesting! I doubt there is anything wrong or the wrong flake, but who can know ('till I open a tin of Sam's Flake from my cellar). Very tasty and I am liking it. Warm earthy sweet is certainly what I got and it was my seeking a description found a touch of prune danish to be more specific. Perhaps all in with the Virginias added some bread which got the prune in my head. It made me think of the Prune Danish pastries I loved and used to be able to find when I was a kid. No bakeries around here do them anymore, and most of them have no idea what i am even talking about when I ask.

Last edited:

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Blustery fall day! Best outdoor retrieving session ever for the puppy - 7 months old this week, been taking things nice and easy with training and paying off. She’s gassed and found the cool granite in front of the fireplace and I’m in the garage and the dogs’ favorite song came on the XM, lol. Nording Woodcock and Nording (McClelland) Hunter Labrador to mark the milestone. IMG_3374.jpeg72141328817__D74D1158-ED00-40E8-9EDC-483EEB3B3E4D.jpegIMG_8633.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.