Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I posted on another thread that Dad turned 101 last week
To mark his milestone I’m taking out a couple of pipes from his birth year 1922
He was a cigarette smoker.
I remember seeing tins (50 sticks) of Players Navy Cut and when these were no longer available, packs of Peter Stuyvesant and Benson&Hedges

First up is a GBD bent bulldog with tapered vulcanite stem

First bowl of Esoterica Tilbury.
Since Dad smoked cigarettes only, I thought a Virginia blend was appropriate

View attachment 260444View attachment 260446
Cool! I wish I looked that good now!

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Happy Veterans Day to everyone!
Having some C&D Exclusive in a Ferndown Tomato. It was tradition for me to call and spend the morning talking to my best friend
of 45 years who was also a veteran, instead I ordered flowers for his grave to be delivered and placed today. He passed away unexpectedly last month.
If you know a Veteran give them a call while there still with us or have a toast for the ones who aren’t.
They will appreciate it. That photo in the background was another Veteran and also my father just home from Korea in 1953.
FC0E688C-7B42-4555-8DC2-6ED31176DCD3.jpeg

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Peretti Blend W in a straight black sandblasted circa 1950s Comoy’s Peterson’s made for Peterson, Ltd. in Wisconsin billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I'll probably end the day with this smoke, unless feeding the ferals takes up a lot of my time.
View attachment 260495

What is Peterson Ltd. in Wisconsin??? I assume they are out of business? Nice looking pipe.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good Afternoon. Before lunch, smoking the second third of Rattray's Marlin flake, in a Peterson. And a shot of bourbon. It's almost mid-November, 73.4 °F. Sunny day. The breeze, however, seems to be well below, so a very cool and pleasant breeze. To be honest, it's a perfect day, to drink whiskey, smoke and smash the barbecue with bacon, sausage and red wine. I wish you a happy weekend. IMG_6548[11468].jpg

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Last night's smokes started with in GH Dark Virginia Cavendish in the Peterson 303. This is a real sleeper in the VA world. Very rich and fruity. My experiments bending this with a dash of black Cavendish and about 20% Latakia have been very smooth and tasty.

Next up was PS English Luxury in the Peterson XL-315. Such a silky smooth blend!

Nightcapped it with Habana Daydream, also in the XL. This was from a 2017 tin that has been in a jar about six months now. The age has really toned down the pop of the perique and mellowed out the latakia. Just another delightful smoke in my cabinet of pleasure.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
On this day of reflection I will be smoking some SWR in a large Brigham 4 dot Oom Paul. My wife is out with her friend attending the ceremonies. Her friend is a veteran who served Canada in Afghanistan. It is always a difficult day for her so I am glad my wife is there to support her. Thank you to all that have served.

Status
Not open for further replies.